Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 03-23-2006, 02:48 PM

Default Memorial Day weekend

I've got a minor fishing issue I hope someone can help me with. The In-laws want to meet in Sevierville for the WDVX bluegrass festival, held at the baseball stadium; But we live in Nashville and I'll be gosh-darned if I'm driving that far east and not wetting the fly-line.

Basically I'm looking for a Trout stream between Sevierville and NC headed NE; in other words, somewhere I can get to oppositte the Gatlinburg Memorial day traffic.

Thanks in advance...
[timestamp=1143139642]
Old 03-23-2006, 04:21 PM

Default Re: Memorial Day weekend

Cosby Creek. Big Creek just inside N.C. . Greenbrier if you go the backroads, there are many more but these are the bigger ones.
Old 03-23-2006, 07:18 PM

I wish I had my map or could remember Road Names, but as you cross the river coming into Sevierville from 1-40, you turn to the left and follow the hwy out of town, there is a right hand turn that puts you onto a good backroad that sort of parallels the road through Pigeon Forge and G'burg. This goes past chalets, etc and goes to the Arts and Crafts Colony,a right here will bring you out on 321 were Battles Grocery store used to be. A left puts you thoward Greenbrair. Maybe some locals can put road names with these. I use it all the time when I pull my Camper that way.
Old 03-24-2006, 01:49 PM

quote]wish I had my map or could remember Road Names, but as you cross the river coming into Sevierville from 1-40, you turn to the left and follow the hwy out of town (DOLLY PARTON ROAD, there is a right hand turn that puts you onto a good backroad that sort of parallels the road through Pigeon Forge and G'burg PITTMAN CENTER ROAD, HWY 416. This goes past chalets, etc and goes to the Arts and Crafts Colony,a right here will bring you out on 321 were Battles Grocery store used to beGLADES ROAD. A left puts you thoward Greenbrair HWY 321. Maybe some locals can put road names with these. I use it all the time when I pull my Camper that way. [/quote]
Old 03-24-2006, 11:26 PM

If you take "Wears Valley" RD out of Pigeon Forge, driving toward Townsend and continue in that direction for several miles, you will come to a road called Lyon or Lyon's Spring Rd. It will run to the left and is the Rd that leads up to the "Wonderland Resort". If you stay on Lyon Spring Rd it winds around and ends up in Metcalf Bottoms. IMHO, this is one of the best and easiest to access and fish areas in the park.

Mike
"Fly-fishing has many attributes, but none more pleasing than it's ability to liberate the young boy that still hides within me and to let that boy live again without embarrassment or regret, sorrow or anguish." Harry Middleton