Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 07-23-2006, 09:35 PM

Default Marks Creek

Greetings everyone *8-)

I am planning a trip for this upcoming weekend and was considering Marks Creek off Lynn Camp Prong. *One of the books said there was too much canopy to fish. *Anyone have any comments on Marks Creek or would it be better to move on up to Panther Creek?

Thanks and tight lines.

Don
Old 07-26-2006, 08:09 PM

Default Re: Marks Creek

Don!

Since no one is wiling to pitch in I'll give it a try. I think the stream would be okay to fish during higher water levels. The water levels right now is very low. I think it might be a waste of time right now. I believe upper Lynn Camp and Panther are low right now also, based on that you can only imagine the trickle on Marks creek. Sorry to be negative but I probably would fish other areas right now.
Old 07-26-2006, 11:13 PM

Thanks for the response, Hans.

I'll save Marks for another day. I may try Thunderhead. I would really like to catch a brookie this trip so I may head over to Walker Camp Prong.

Tight lines, Don
Old 07-27-2006, 12:30 AM

Send a message via AIM to Gerry Romer

I was up on Thunderhead a couple weeks ago and the flow was pretty low then. I didn't have any luck. You'd be hard pressed to locate a brook up there right now. *I tried the Chimneys this past Monday morning - before the swimmers arrived - and did a whole lot better with rainbows. The flow was much better but I didn't get high enough to find any brookies. My mistake. If I was going back out this weekend I'd head up as high as I could right now. Maybe try Alum Cave Creek or Walker Camp, or way up Lynn Camp.

Gerry
"I've since learned to use the best knot rather than the one that uses the least line. I go through more tippet material but compensate by drinking cheaper whiskey. One must have priorities." ... Art Scheck
Old 07-27-2006, 07:43 AM

Don't forget Road Prong.
Old 07-27-2006, 06:06 PM

When I read this earlier I read Road Prong but was thinking Ramsey Cascade area. Road Prong is an excellent one to consider.

Thanks.

Don
Old 07-29-2006, 09:36 AM

PARK AT THE SINKS AND WALK IN TO MEIGS CREEK. SPECS ARE THERE, PLEASE PINCH YOUR BARBS AND PUT THEM BACK.
Old 07-29-2006, 12:27 PM

We wer talking about Marks Creek a tributary to Lynn Camp, I thinking you are talking about Meigs Creek a tributary to Little River. Anyway, I have been thinking about Meigs Creek but heard from Rudter that it wasn't much to fool with. What's your take on it?
Old 07-31-2006, 07:23 PM

Don Was Talking About Wanting To Go For Brook Trout. Just Thought Meigs Would Fill The Bill. So Far As Mr. Rudter Not Thinking Much About Thr Above Creek, He Is Allowed An Opinion. I Think All The Speck Streams Can Be Hard This Time Of The Season. Remember, Fishing Is What It Is Called Not Catching.
Old 07-31-2006, 08:06 PM

My bad, just thought name confusing was the game since Marks and Meigs could easily be confused. As for peoples opinion, I agree everyones opinion is subjective. I did not mean to upset you or cause any stir. As for Brookies right now, I would respectfully disagree. If you go high enough in elevation they will be as easy to catch as always. Brookies are never hard to catch, note that's my opinion and my experience, might not apply to anyone else. Tight lines