Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 07-30-2006, 06:39 AM

Default Febuary Fishing

My Wife and I are going to vist relatives in Florida and will be going thru Tenn. in Feb. on the way home. We would like to stop in Tenn. and do some fly fishing for trout. Any advice would be appreciated. We have all the equipment for winter or summer fishing. [smiley=dankk2.gif]
Old 07-30-2006, 01:21 PM

Default Re: Febuary Fishing

A lot of the mountain streams are very challenging at that time of the year due to cold water temperatures. Fish can still be caught but you have to work for them. A good option for the cold weather is Abrams creek in Cades Cove. It is spring fed so it tends to stay a little warmer and can fish really well at times. Other good options would be to check out some of Tennessee's great tailwaters. Do you have a preference between tailwaters and mountain streams? If you have a little more info on what you are looking for, I can probably help you out a little more specifically.
"Then He said to them, 'Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.'" Matthew 4:19

http://troutzoneanglers.com
http://thetroutzone.blogspot.com

Old 07-31-2006, 05:26 AM

Default Re: Febuary Fishing

Thanks for the reply. Since we are traveling thru Tenn. we thought we would check out some of the trout fishing for future trips. Accessibility is an issue, when you get into your 60's hiking into the mountains isn't as easy as it used to be. Also, since we are only going to be there two or three days we don't want to spend all our time getting to the fishing spot. Tailwaters or mountain streams doesn't matter. However the mountain streams probably offer more solitude and scenery. I'll look up Abrams creek and Cades Cove since I'm not familiar with Tenn.