Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 08-11-2006, 06:46 PM

Default wow.... it's really a brookie

good evening to all......yuk, work.....Spent the last weekend in Townsend (and lots of good deals @ LRO) and was in search of my first Brookie.....stopped at LRO and they gave me both the right fly selection and a good suggestion that I try Tremont (thank you to the young man who helped us at LRO) and taaaadaaaaaa......I caught my first Brookie, not a monster.....but a Brookie none the less....wow that felt awsome.

Didn't fish the lower water....has anyone ever hooked one of those tubers?? Are they hard to land?

Anyways, had a great time and wanted to thank LRO for thier help and guidance.....can't wait for our Oct. trip.

God Bless and Good Fishing
Buckeyetrouter
Jeremiah 29:13
Old 08-13-2006, 09:39 PM

Send a message via AIM to MTN_TRT
Default Re: wow.... it's really a brookie

Buckeye,
How big was your first brookie? Mine was about 4in! Caught him in Cabin Creek in Grayson Highlands State Park. Took a pic of him and had it framed...prettiest fish I ever saw. If he wouldve been a 23in brn w/ a hook jaw, I wouldnt have been more excited!
Have Fun with em!

MTN_TRT
"LIFE IS GOOD"

www.cameracoffeeadventurego.blogspot.com
Old 08-14-2006, 05:27 PM

Hey MTN_TRT

he was only about 4-5" but what a beautiful sight. My camera was in the car as I had to climb out onto a rock and cast down into a small cascade..... there were some young men there taking pics while this was going on, but they were gone by the time I was able to climb off of the rock to see if they may have gotten a pic..... trust me though, that pic is burned into my memory forever.......thanks for the reply. I was really excited about my first Brookie......(who was safely returned to the water)....can't wait to try again in October when my fiance and I visit for a week......

good fishin &
God Bless

Buckeyetrouter
Old 08-17-2006, 11:14 AM

Congrats! I have this facination with Brookies - regardless the size, that will be my quest on my trip the last weekend in September. I have never caught a Brookie... Thanks for the reminder on the camera! Mine is usually in the car too...
Old 08-17-2006, 11:21 AM

Because I was constantly leaving my camera in the truck, I recently started carrying a disposable camera in my vest. They are lightweight and I don't miss an opportunity to take pictures of my catches, regardless of the size. The pictures are also evidence for my wife, who does not comprehend the concept of catch and release.
Old 08-18-2006, 07:25 AM

thanks kytroutman....the disposible camera is a great idea and one I will follow from this point. They are cheap enough that if they do fall in the water you are not out much.......that is a great tip........

Good Fishing &
God Bless

Buckeyetrouter
Old 08-18-2006, 10:21 AM

I have used the disposable cameras for underwater photos on my boat - they can be hard to find at Wallyworld or other big retailers - but camera shops should have some or can order - I have dropped them in the Gulf of Mexico and still had good photos - you can even try for some underwater action shots if the fish cooperate
Old 08-18-2006, 12:54 PM

Good point gator. I normally buy the waterproof ones at Walmart anyway. I usually purchase four to five a time since they disappear after Summer.