Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Saltwater Fly Fishing

Old 01-16-2007, 05:42 PM

Default alabama coast flyfishing

does any one know if the alabama coast line has any good areas to flyfish?i`ve got a new 8wt. outfit ordered and i`m sure i`ll be headed that way to try my hand(rod) at a new challange an this sport i love.
dalefish from n. alabama
Old 02-13-2007, 11:36 AM

Default alabama coast flyfishing

Sorry being this late in responding to you, but just saw the inquiry. For fresh water or brackish water you might consider contacting Mobile County's Dead
Lake Marina on the Mobile River and I-65. Fly fishing in the Delta offers several hundred square miles of bayous, creeks and rivers. Spring is great for fly hatches but anytime of the year is good. They should be able to refer you to a list of guides.

For the Gulf of Mexico coastal areas try the Dauphin Island area. It's not as crowded as the Gulf Shores or Orange Beach areas. On the net go to www.gulfinfo.com. Click on Captain Mike's Deep Sea Fishing. Contact them. Most likely you will be talking to Mike's wife, Ann. She can help you with offshore info and inshore.

Mobile has a fly fishing club operated through McCoy's Outdoors sporting goods store. If you want some more info and guides names phone them. Ask for Wes Parks. He'll know who to switch you to for up to date info.
Old 02-15-2007, 10:40 AM

let us know how it goes.I also have new 8wt.,going to pensacola in early may to try it out.
Old 06-01-2007, 03:13 PM

Default pensacola fishing

Captain Baz in Pensacola is a great guide to use for saltwater flyfishing in the gulf. Use your own gear or his. His sight is www.gulfbreezeguideservice.com
July is good for tarpon and shark. Jacks and ladyfish allthe time