Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Website and Message Board

Old 02-14-2007, 05:53 PM

Default Text Size

Lefty was having problems reading the message board on his 24" monitor. He was getting 6 point type and he couldn't read it. I didn't know this but you can set the text size on your browser. In Firefox or Safari you can go to "View" and increase your text size or decrease it. I don't know if any of you are having problems with this but it's a quick fix. Lefty should be back on tomorrow if he's not working somewhere.

Byron
Old 02-14-2007, 06:13 PM

Some folks might already know this but an alternative for adjusting text size is:

Hold down the CTRL button on the key board and scroll up or down with your mouse wheel. For the vision impaired this really helps when reading text on the internet.

http://www.mtff.org/ (For general interest in the Middle Tennessee area)
Old 02-14-2007, 06:30 PM

Thanks Mark, I didn't know that either. Lefty was going to take a nap. When he wakes up and gets my e-mail can you imagine how his life is going to change. His e-mail to me said that a lot of boards have small type and he can't read them. He's a Mac guy like me so we don't have scroll wheels. I, like Lefty didn't know anything about this type size stuff. I'ts changed my life too.

Byron
Old 02-18-2007, 03:18 AM

FYI, on some of these newer boards( apparently this one inculded) the CTRL-scroll feature doesn't work for some reason. Several boards I frequent are this way and two I've run were also set up this way with no option to change it. For the most part, the newer software is great( esp. if you remember the old comment:
reply,
reply,
reply,

format that everyone used to use, but sometimes you wonder if the folks that create it ever actually use it.

The site and the boards look awesome though. You guys have come such a long way in such a short time( probably doesn't feel that way to you though. ) and flyfishers the Southeast over are sure lucky to have you folks in the industry. Besides, if we didn't have LRO, we'd have to spend our money on silly stuff like food and shelter and clothes and bills and....

Thanks for being so good at what you do. Your customers and friends appreciate you guys so much.
Old 02-18-2007, 11:51 AM

Hey fishlicker,

Welcome to the board!

Not sure why yours isn't working,but my CTRL-Scroll function is working fine? Hummm?

Mark...

http://www.mtff.org/ (For general interest in the Middle Tennessee area)
Old 02-18-2007, 05:08 PM

Send a message via AIM to MTN_TRT

[quote=fishlicker;34080]. Besides, if we didn't have LRO, we'd have to spend our money on silly stuff like food and shelter and clothes and bills and....
quote]

...girls and college education...

www.cameracoffeeadventurego.blogspot.com
Old 02-18-2007, 07:30 PM

Fishlicker,

Thanks for the comments. It has been a lot of work for Daniel and I on the website and Paula put this new board together. Question, were you not able to log on under your old name "Owl" or did you just decide to change it. For whatever reason you have it's good to have you back. I remember you back in the old days of "LRO Message Board" version 1.0. Look forward to seeing you in Townsend soon.

Byron