Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Fisheries Management & Biology

Old 03-24-2007, 07:12 AM

Default Clinch Management

I wish I could attend the TWRA meeting Monday night, but expecting a new baby any day so probably won't be able to make it. Like the other members, I have also noted a slight decline in the number of quality fish on the Clinch over the last several years.

I recognize that, unfortunately, there will likely never be restrictive catch and release only/artificials only/significant size limit restrictions on the Clinch due to interests from the baitfishers and meatfishers. However, I always thought that placing restrictions on keeping the brown trout (catch and release only or slot limit or minimum 18") while leaving essentially no restrictions on the rainbows could be a viable compromise that could improve the quality of the fishery. I always wanted to ask TWRA about that, but looks like I'll miss my chance. Any thoughts? Perhaps something that could be brought up in the meeting.
Old 03-24-2007, 11:11 AM

Send a message via AIM to FFM4LIFE

I did really well with a griffiths gnat about this time last year.
Old 03-24-2007, 03:31 PM

Folks, my friend Jeremey (waterborn) just contacted me and asked if I was going to make it to this meeting Monday night. I can't (I have a good reason), but I urge those that can to be there. We (sportfisherman) need to start showing a strong presence at these meeting to show that we give a darn about the watersheds we enjoy. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. I, personally, think meatfisherman have been enjoying free range on this river for too long. It's time for a change.
Old 03-24-2007, 06:45 PM

Default Clinch River

I agree RFowler, fisherman interested in the resource need to make their voice heard. Let me correct that, flyfisherman, need to have their voice heard. Like you said, the meat fisherman seems to have it made. I would love to attend but my work makes it all but impossible. TWRA needs to see an interest in improving things up there or they could stay the same.

mstone
Old 03-24-2007, 08:16 PM

Default TWRA Meeting Info?

When and where is this meeting going to be held? I don't have any irons in the fire for Monday night, so I should be able to attend.
Old 03-25-2007, 08:07 PM

http://littleriveroutfitters.com/for...ead.php?t=7924