Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Fishing Classic Rods and Gear

Old 03-02-2008, 10:58 AM

Default SB Bamboo part deaux

I found an old South Bend #55 bamboo for 20 bucks. It needs some cleaning up before I get pics of it. I believe it is a 7wt? Thats what the guy that had it said he thought it was. It has the old metal tube with it. Looks like a heavier rod that my other one. It'll be a good bass catcher, maybe

I now have 2 bamboos and am still looking for more. guess the addiction has took a good hold on me.

- Herbert Hoover, devoted angler and thirty-first President of the United States.
Old 03-06-2008, 01:33 AM

Yes, sorry FishnLady, but you're now a full fledged addict. The good news is that there is no cure, so you can quit worrying about that!

Just enjoy it.

If you need any advice about repairs or restoration or just cleaning up your rod, please feel free to contact me. I have a little experience along those lines and would be pleased to help out.

Good Luck,

Michael Sinclair

Paducahmichael@aol.com
Old 03-06-2008, 10:22 AM

Thanks for the offer Michael, and welcome to the forum. Yes these old rods have some kind of magical magnetism. I'm trying to absorb as much knowledge about their history as I can. I've started reading up on them.

I also noticed your LSU Tigers avatar! Go Tigers! I'm from the Alexandria/Pineville area myself, and my husband is from Keithville just outside of Shreveport. We've been living up here since December '91. My husbands job transferred us here. It's been great. But being born and raised in Louisiana..well you just can't get that out of your soul.

- Herbert Hoover, devoted angler and thirty-first President of the United States.

Last edited by fishNlady; 03-06-2008 at 10:48 AM..
Old 03-06-2008, 12:37 PM

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. By the way, that's spelled "Geaux Tigers!"

I'm cooking Jambalaya today.....starting to smell pretty good!

Will you be at the Tennessee Bamboo Bash at Townsend May 16/17? If so, we'll see you there. (My better half was a Boudreaux before I married her!) She's a pretty good flyfisher too.

Michael
Old 03-06-2008, 08:26 PM

Exclamation Not to Embarass....

Michael is being very modest about his talents... sort of putting his candle under a basket. Michael is the author of the historically best selling book "Bamboo Rod Restoration Handbook" as well as "Heddon, the Rod with the Fighting Heart". On top of that, he has restarted the Divine Rod Company and is offering a new updated line of bamboo rods based on the historical Divine "style".

Michael will be at the Bamboo Bash in Townsend the weekend of 16 March with some of his books and rods as well as his beautiful bride. So when Michael speaks.... it may pay to listen. And it would certainly pay to show up and buy one of his re-released "Handbooks"... the book that led me down the slippery path of cane rods...........

Ralph

Last edited by czkid; 03-06-2008 at 08:28 PM.. Reason: spelling
Old 03-07-2008, 12:15 AM

Thanks, Ralph. You sound like you've been talking to my Mama again. I'll tell her to send you another check....if you'll quit blaming me for your bamboo jones.

MS