Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 05-01-2012, 09:46 PM

Default oKAY; what about middle prong LPR?

So get this... I just moved to Shinbone Road of the Pittman Center road (in the red bank area) and the middle prong flows at my backyard and I don't fish it!

Some of you may think I'm nuts so I'll admit it.... but really I'm primarily a tail-water guy.

So I spose my QUESTION is whether I'm really missing out on any great fly fishing action? Or is there is any great action outside of the PARK? Folks tell me the State stocks the river outside of the Park but does anyone know how far down river these fish may be found or how far down they might swim?

Boulder strewn river bottoms beat the heck out of me and the last few trips on Greenbriar "in the park" beat up really bad.... I was bleeding. A funny thing is a lot of areas outside and down-river look a little kinder to a guy with one fused foot/ankle.

Your perspective, advice. opinion or experience would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks. Richard
Old 05-01-2012, 10:01 PM

Wish I had your problem.
Old 05-02-2012, 10:34 AM

Greenbrier = Awesome (in the Park)!!! I love fishing over there except that browns are few and far between to nonexistent so I tend to stay on Little River. The other primary problem in my opinion is that I have to drive through or near Gatlinburg to get there. Again, its easier to stay away... Great dry fly action up in the Park.
"Then He said to them, 'Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.'" Matthew 4:19

http://thetroutzone.blogspot.com
http://www.troutzoneanglers.com
Old 05-03-2012, 12:20 AM

So the neighbors say the river is stocked on the other side of the river from my backyard and they carry the fish down a trail from the road so perhaps I will give it a try soon even though I see no hatches.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:59 AM

Smile

I always see people fishing for what I assumed was smallmouth on the drive in on 416. I'm guessing the closer you are to the park, the better you will do. I'm sure that water really heats up without the canopy cover in the Summer. Looks like it would be a sweet tailwater if it stayed cold enough. I don't know if you saw my post about my trip yesterday. I hope you appreciate my sense of humor
Old 05-04-2012, 07:39 AM

Yesterday I visited Dianna (a newbie to flyfishing) who lives "around the corner of the river, upstream and on the other side and enjoyed our conversation on her lovely porch enormously. There are indeed trout all the way down the river as far as the BP/Fastop?chicken store. So this puts fish in my backyard. I will try not to fall in the river.
Old 05-06-2012, 08:17 PM

Smile Backyard Food

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbo View Post
There are indeed trout all the way down the river as far as the BP/Fastop?chicken store.
Was starving leaving Greenbrier today and my buddy needed gas so we stopped at the Chicken Store. As I'm an admirer of gas station fried Chicken, I got a breast. Even starving I could only get down 3 bites

Where's a good close place to eat? I have never seen thje Rib place open, and how is the BBQ that just set up shop accross the street from Greenbrier? Carver's was just too far out of the way, or we would have headed there.

On a positive note the Fried Chicken at Tellico Plains Exxon is excellent