Home QLinks New Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 05-12-2012, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonBoats View Post
So; it is very easy to repetitively induce a dry fly in to a feeding lie to simulate a hatch.
I could be wrong but I think we are on the same page here...
Maybe I need to come fish the Clinch with you and we can bombard those trout with an arsenal of dry flies...

Tight Lines,
Old 05-12-2012, 08:45 PM

Quote:
I could not imagine fly fishing with 2-3 patterns and find that stimulating.

To each their own.

I used to wear an Orvis Super Tackle Pack that every pocket was loaded with different fly boxes with all sorts of stuff I would use, with varying success. I have caught fish in the Clinch on Yellow Humpies to Bitch Creek's.

However, when I go to the river now, and for the past 10 years or so, I have one goal in mind. Catching the most quality fish I can, period. And after 20+ years I have found a handful of patterns that I personally have the most success with in achieving my goals.

We all have different things that make for an enjoyable outing. None are wrong as long as they don't interfere with others.

Fish what and how makes you happy, and forget the rest.
Old 05-13-2012, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterwolf View Post

We all have different things that make for an enjoyable outing. None are wrong as long as they don't interfere with others.

Fish what and how makes you happy, and forget the rest.
I completely agree and I am just fortunate to be able to get on the water. Most people find my fishing style odd. I enjoy telling trout what I want them to eat. It does reduce the numbers; be feeds the soul.

I apologize for the alluding to the drinking comment. I usually see the worst posts out of good people when they are inebriated-not that you were when you posted. Unfortunately; I have made a few of them as well and I try to use it as a reminder to be a better person to others and the world.

Now, I hope everyone gets to go out and trick some trout and have a safe fishing experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnflyfisher View Post
I could be wrong but I think we are on the same page here...
Maybe I need to come fish the Clinch with you and we can bombard those trout with an arsenal of dry flies...
I am booked solid for fishing the next 2-weeks for some serious fishing. However; shoot me an email and I will add you to my contact list for future fishing outings if you really want to fish with me...

Blessings,
SM
to choose, to respond, to change.”

Old 05-13-2012, 10:05 AM

"Booked solid"? Shawn; you are so funny.... you fish about any time the river will cooperate with a fly fish friendly flow.... and I AM JEALOUS!

I need to get some cheap wheels with good gas mileage.

BTW... everyone PREFERS dry fly fishing; myself included BUT NYMPHING always works for me as I think of it as hunting for trout... seeing them on the surface tells one where to cast... not seeing them you have to understand the dynamics of trout behavior while considering structure and reading the water.... many time I enjoy nymphing more than dry fly fishing as the fish generally run larger.
Old 05-13-2012, 10:31 PM

Quote:

I apologize for the alluding to the drinking comment.
I don't drink, been clean for about 10 years now. Had a little issue with the sauce.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbo View Post

BTW... everyone PREFERS dry fly fishing; .
Easy now, I much prefer nymph fishing over fishing dries, except for smallmouth.

Screwing with dries and trout makes me tired.
Old 05-14-2012, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbo View Post
"Booked solid"? Shawn; you are so funny.... you fish about any time the river will cooperate with a fly fish friendly flow.... and I AM JEALOUS!

I need to get some cheap wheels with good gas mileage.

BTW... everyone PREFERS dry fly fishing; myself included BUT NYMPHING always works for me as I think of it as hunting for trout... seeing them on the surface tells one where to cast... not seeing them you have to understand the dynamics of trout behavior while considering structure and reading the water.... many time I enjoy nymphing more than dry fly fishing as the fish generally run larger.

Corbo...you forgot my Romanian friend is in town Wed-10 days.

I agree that nymphing is strategic and equally stimulating. I just think my personality gets fidgety with longer presentations.
to choose, to respond, to change.”

Old 05-17-2012, 10:05 AM

Quote:

Corbo...you forgot my Romanian friend is in town Wed-10 days.

I agree that nymphing is strategic and equally stimulating. I just think my personality gets fidgety with longer presentations.
Hit me up one day, I would love to see mihai (i think) again.