Home QLinks New Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-14-2012, 12:58 PM

Default 5/10 & 11 in The Park

Other than the southbound lanes of I-75 closed Thursday just inside Tenn. on my way to Townsend (added about 1 & 1/2 hours to the trip) and packing up my tent on Sunday in the rain, it was a FANTASTIC couple of days of fishing in the GSMNP!

Friday (5/10): weather & water conditions were great, and the fishing on Jake's Creek and Little River was very, very good. Just about anything yellow was on the menu for browns and 'bows in Jake's and LR. Fishing along the backside of some of the old cabins seemed to add to the experience.

Took about an hour to get the "rust knocked off" my hook set for GSM wild trout, but once I did, it was "game on."

- - my thanks to Bill at LRO for helping me better understand how to get to Jake's, I thought it was going to be tougher than it was

Saturday (5/11): weather & water conditions were great, and the fishing on Anthony's Creek and MPLR was also very, very good (and on Laurel Creek). Again, just about anything yellow was on the menu for the 'bows (no browns this day). Last 'bow of the day to-hand on MPLR made a run away from me and just like that cam back at me as I struggled to keep tension in the line - - it jumped about 18" tryin' to shake the hook, but got it into the net.

- - I was proud enough of some of my catches from Friday that I showed Daniel and Glen some photos Saturday morning at LRO - - my thanks to them for their patience in listening to yet another mildly excited FF about another special day on the water in the GSMNP.

- - Top-notch folks all-around at LRO!

FishStu