Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 05-23-2012, 02:13 PM

At least double haul a #6 dry at him, hook him, and then maybe release if he apoligized.
Old 05-23-2012, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodonthefly View Post
Why didn't you pick one up and sling at him? i would have
Three reasons: 1) He didn't stay where he was more than a second when he saw the look on my face 2) There were several other indians in the area, as in about a dozen and about half of them were males. Were they related? I don't know, but I do know when I'm whipped. 3) He could have hit me if he wanted to. I figured he was just acting childish and as long as he didn't reach for another, he was ok. If he had reached for another he would have found out real quick that I played baseball for about 10 years.
Old 05-23-2012, 02:43 PM

A #6 dry, good hook set & then release? Where's your sense of sport? Could be too easy if hook is barbless.

Hoosier - - whereabouts are you located? I'm a "flat-lander" in Central Indiana, and often get my fly-fishing "fix" (albeit vicariously) by way of this forum.

FishStu
Old 05-24-2012, 07:18 AM

Transplant to the SW corner of the state. Fortunately for me my travels find me near some trout waters from time to time. Closet viable stuff for me is avout 1.5 hours south in KY. But the Smokys is still my favorite. If I were in the central part I'd be hitting Brookville a lot more.
Old 05-25-2012, 11:22 AM

Hoosier - -

I get to Brookville about 2-3 times a year, but not made it there yet this year. I was thinking about this weekend, but figured it would be hammered over the 3-day weekend -- so, may go next week. If I make it, and catch anything worth mentioning, I'll put a post in the "trout in other States" section.

FishStu