Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Old 05-30-2012, 06:15 PM

Post Morning On a Small Lake

Fished this morning with my fishing partner with his new small boat on his subdivision lake. Good bream and small bass.

His new boat.

Small Bass

Great day on the lake for about 2 hours caught about 22 total fish between the two of us.
Old 05-30-2012, 08:46 PM

Great pictures Wyatt. I'm doing the same thing tomorrow. Can't wait. Hopefully I'll do as well as you did. Cool boat!

Byron
Old 05-30-2012, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmwalker View Post
Fished this morning with my fishing partner with his new small boat on his subdivision lake. Good bream and small bass.
Great day on the lake for about 2 hours caught about 22 total fish between the two of us.
That sure looks like a good day and there is nothing like getting fish on poppers and stillwater flies. Great boat as well!
to choose, to respond, to change.”

Old 05-30-2012, 09:32 PM

Byron good luck tomorrow and it is great fun. Those bream really give the fly rod a run for the money. Let us know how you do tomorrow. please

Madisonboats Thanks and the boat did real good. That was our first trip with it and we will make a few adjustments but all is good. Those bream were really working the poppers and the small bass would hit it every now and then.

Thanks
Old 05-31-2012, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmwalker View Post

Madisonboats Thanks and the boat did real good. That was our first trip with it and we will make a few adjustments but all is good. Those bream were really working the poppers and the small bass would hit it every now and then.

Thank
s
Wyatt,
You should try midges on indicators as well. Tons of midges/chironomids in ponds and lakes. However; I find that most takes will be from the bream. Thanks for sharing the pictures and be sure to add you some life vests somewhere on your boat. You never know when and why you might need them.

*Also, stop by Big Lots and buy you a beach umbrella for $10 and rig it to your boat with some bungees. Works great and you can adjust height for casting and stay cool.
to choose, to respond, to change.”

Old 05-31-2012, 09:51 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonBoats View Post
Wyatt,
You should try midges on indicators as well. Tons of midges/chironomids in ponds and lakes. However; I find that most takes will be from the bream. Thanks for sharing the pictures and be sure to add you some life vests somewhere on your boat. You never know when and why you might need them.

*Also, stop by Big Lots and buy you a beach umbrella for $10 and rig it to your boat with some bungees. Works great and you can adjust height for casting and stay cool.
Shawn
Very good suggestion and thanks I will go there this afternoon and get the umbrella and put our life vests in as well. Thanks.

Buy the way I really enjoy reading your posts about your different trips and information on the river and streams you fish. Keep it up please.
Old 05-31-2012, 10:13 AM

Good report and better pics glad you had a good day.
Lynn