Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Website and Message Board

Old 07-21-2012, 12:14 AM

Default Lost (Left Behind)

Left behind my William Joseph Gear Bag at the Canoe Launch (Steps) on the Clinch below the dam on the lower drive below the parking lot on Friday , July 20th around 2:30 pm. It's blue and gray , and does not have my name or any ID in it (dah ??!!) . I can tell anyone who has it what it contains. I was told by some people upon my return looking for it that a young man picked it up and was looking for the owner. If anyone is asked by someone looking for the owner during the next few days on the river if they lost this bag, please tell them to get in touch with me on this forum or to email me att memcconk@gmail.com

Thanks for any and all help

Mike
Old 07-21-2012, 06:52 AM

Mike,
I knew I should have come back and helped you disembark. I will be asking around for you buddy. Send me a message about what you lost and I will see if I can come up with replacement stuff to help you out. As always; you are welcome to use any of my stuff.

You need to write your name on your gear buddy. You know I preach that!

I will try and give you a call this weekend and chat.

Blessings bro!
to choose, to respond, to change.”

Last edited by MadisonBoats; 07-21-2012 at 07:06 AM.. Reason: dang spelling...
Old 07-21-2012, 12:17 PM

I got out OK. Jeremy , and the 2 bros. Matt and Roger and another guy helped out. I just moved my pack from where someone placed it on the back of the boat to beside the car so I "wouldn't forget it" . and that's what I did. I'll send a list of some of the stuff besides the 70-80 flies that were in it. Some of the stuff that was in it I can't do without due to my loss of dexterity due to the PD , which are some knot tying tools and a fly threader. I'll pretty much be out of comission for a while till I can replace some stuff. I don't want to borrow any stuff due to the chance that I would either break or lose it, but thanks anyway. The rest of the gear was pretty much the usual stuff like tippet, leader, payette paste, indicater yarn, scissors, forceps, etc..... Hopefully the bag will turnup.

Mike

Mike
Old 07-21-2012, 06:17 PM

I am sure you have already thought about this. Check "found" ads in the local paper, online, fly shops, etc. If there was a guy trying to find the owner, he may put out an ad.

I am sorry to hear about you loss and I do hope you are able to get your stuff back.
Old 07-21-2012, 11:10 PM

good idea about checking the paper and the fly shops. i'll do that. i went back to the river this evening and put up some "Lost" posters.thanks for your support.
Old 07-22-2012, 06:34 AM

Mike,
Thanks for the peacock feathers. Beto tied up some flies last night with one I shared with him.

I will post the information about your lost bag on my FB Clinch River Page and the Lost and Found Page.

SM
to choose, to respond, to change.”

Old 07-22-2012, 07:45 AM

As to the feathers, your welcome. I hope there was enough of them to do somethng with since I don't tie . Thanks for putting the gear bag info on your FB River Page . I checked it out , but wasn't sure how to post it.