Home QLinks New Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 07-28-2012, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bran View Post
Cool! I'm gonna give it try ( or 3, I'm not good with tying). I sure do appreciate that!! Talk to you soon.
You ought to try a Turk's Tatantula. I've tied 5 ... and 3 of 'em are in the trash can! Some flies just aren't worth it.

I've got a PMX spin-off that looks like a Royal Wulff in the hind end. I call it a Royal PITA.
Old 07-29-2012, 03:31 PM

Late summer and early fall these are my go to flies...I love to fish the PMX in green and yellow...and don't just limit yourself to the stream banks .... and don't be shy about using large ones either... I have seen days when it looks like big bream are smashing these flies in mid stream...this is what dry fly fishing is all about...you just gotta love it.
Old 07-30-2012, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cane Pole View Post
You ought to try a Turk's Tatantula. I've tied 5 ... and 3 of 'em are in the trash can! Some flies just aren't worth it.

I've got a PMX spin-off that looks like a Royal Wulff in the hind end. I call it a Royal PITA.
Good one! I do have a few Turks but they're bought. I mostly have stuck with the bream and bass poppers and a few BHPT's, stuff like that. I've bought everything else but I do enjoy tying. I just don't do it as much as I'd like.