Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > In The Backcountry

Old 08-10-2012, 12:13 AM

I'm with Mora on this one. Constantly hotspotting an area makes me sicker than that mushroom ever will.
Old 08-10-2012, 09:23 AM

Guys, I dislike hotspotting as well, but I don't think Breck did much more than name a general area. Surely the mushroom talk is all in jest.

Breck: I wasn't looking for your favorite stream name or anything. I was just curious about your 4,000 ft assessment.
Old 08-10-2012, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcfly View Post
I'm with Mora on this one. Constantly hotspotting an area makes me sicker than that mushroom ever will.

And everyone wonders why the reports are lacking so much these days...

People still think there are secrets, but with the internet this is just not the case. There are some great reports lately on here, and I believe people have shown considerable restraint from posting stream names. Would it be better if people described streams as something like, "North American Blue Line" or maybe "I went fishing somewhere in the galaxy today"...?

Thanks for the report Breck! I'm already missing the TN mountains and will have to enjoy them vicariously through reports such as yours for a while now until I make it back home.
"Then He said to them, 'Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.'" Matthew 4:19

http://thetroutzone.blogspot.com
http://www.troutzoneanglers.com

Last edited by David Knapp; 08-10-2012 at 08:01 PM..
Old 08-10-2012, 09:21 PM

"555 looks" at this thread. Wonder what the main core thought when looking and reading.....with the exception of two posts, I would assume "would like to have been there, find a place like there and maybe talk to a person who has been there??

It began as a sharing of a feel good, great day!! Motivated by some who go out of their way to post likewise.(ifish4wildtrout, duckypaddler, chemeangler, DavisKnapp) etc.. It takes one to Know one and one who wants to be One!!

That day, still feels great and promise to not let anyone take that away or the compelling nature to share days like the start of this thread.

Took 2 yrs. to find this stream and 2 minutes to read a post that begs of being pulled into the circle. I felt your pain 2 yrs. ago. had to make a decision to sit behind this screen or get to a stream or talk to a person who knows of a stream as you've seen above. As you can see I chose the latter and recommend it as the path.

So.....David, I will continue to fish and post, grannyknot - please shoot me a cell number. I would like to speak with you.

Anyone else..I am happy to share any I have learned but enter this forum as a student first and always willing to assist and share with a fellow gentleman 2nd. Never to be critical or ganglandish against another that represents them self as a fellow on a stream............. that has been fished before or not!!

Breck

Last edited by Breck; 08-10-2012 at 09:51 PM..
Old 08-11-2012, 01:45 PM

I don't know about all that other stuff, but I enjoyed the fishing report.

Thanks for sharing.

Scott
Old 08-11-2012, 04:09 PM

Cool report looks like fun. Two things... To people who want to be jerks about others reports, maybe your time is better spent on the other forum where no one cares about helping others, sharing info, and experiences and teaching newcomers and the only time anyone posts anything is to pad their own ego. The LRO forum has never been like this, thank god, and hopefully never will. Second, when you throw a hissy fit like a two year old because someone fishes where you like to, you end up drawing more attention to the spot than the report ever would have. It makes it look like you are to protect something and makes others who might not have been as interested curious as to what there is there to hide. So maybe if you really disapprove or stream being named it is better to just shut up and ignore than make a spectacle our of it.

Also suggesting that someone eat a poisonous mushroom is disgusting. Even if the poster knew it wasn't edible that not to say someone else could have made a tragic mistake based on your asinine delusion that a particular public stream is your private property. It was a totally despicable thing to do.
Old 08-11-2012, 05:24 PM

Default You've got to be kidding me!!!

I haven't been on here all summer. Haven't fished all summer. Just thought I'd see what was happening in the fishing world while I fletched some arrows. I read Brecks report and thought it was a real good report. Glad to see some good reports still going on. I read Mora's post and figured it was sarcasm. But, sarcasm comes off very poorly on the wonderful world of the internet. Especially when it comes to eating poisonous mushrooms.

Then...... I read mcfly's post. I hunt, fish, hike, and generally spend most weekends in South Cherokee, (edit... I figured it out... and I'm an idiot). Not really sure what his problem is. .................(edit).................. I'd better quit typing before Paula gets involved.

Breck, like I said, nice report. Glad to see you're going to continue posting them.

See you all after hunting season.

Old 08-11-2012, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDuncan View Post
Cool report looks like fun. Two things... To people who want to be jerks about others reports, maybe your time is better spent on the other forum where no one cares about helping others, sharing info, and experiences and teaching newcomers and the only time anyone posts anything is to pad their own ego. The LRO forum has never been like this, thank god, and hopefully never will. Second, when you throw a hissy fit like a two year old because someone fishes where you like to, you end up drawing more attention to the spot than the report ever would have. It makes it look like you are to protect something and makes others who might not have been as interested curious as to what there is there to hide. So maybe if you really disapprove or stream being named it is better to just shut up and ignore than make a spectacle our of it.

Also suggesting that someone eat a poisonous mushroom is disgusting. Even if the poster knew it wasn't edible that not to say someone else could have made a tragic mistake based on your asinine delusion that a particular public stream is your private property. It was a totally despicable thing to do.
Here, here.........very well said sir............a shared resource.........especially when it pertains to new anglers...may well benefit us all..........if and only if........we conduct ourselves in a gentlemanly manner.............just my thoughts...........fire at will........
Old 08-11-2012, 11:38 PM

Nice report Breck. I always enjoy the high altitude brookie reports!

I will add that I personally don't name stream names, but I won't jump on someone else for doing it.
Old 08-12-2012, 08:06 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDuncan View Post
I'm sure he was just being sarcastic. Let's not all jump overboard on this.

And from what I've heard they are very much edible if you really know what you are doing, and how to cook them. Kind of like eating a puffer fish

I'm in no way suggesting someone try this

And Breck thanks for another great report - keep them coming