Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 08-15-2012, 07:11 PM

Default Very near Hiwassee - Reliance, Tn

Decided to fish a stream that I had taken my kids swimming at 10 years ago. Little did I know then, I would be rock hopping in search of the elusive native 10 years later at the same place we had a summer picnic. Up at 430 am and arrived just before daylight.

Double waterfall.

Many like this.

And like this.

Just lost a really nice one!!!

Super great day with a great friend thats new to the fly. Sharing......... Thats what I think it's all about.

Breck

Last edited by Breck; 08-16-2012 at 05:10 AM..
Old 08-16-2012, 09:29 AM

Sweet knee pads! You could lay some floor tile when you're done fishing.
Man you've been wearing out the wild streams lately. Good job.
Old 08-16-2012, 03:51 PM

That is one my favorite streams! It got EXTREMELY low last year glad it's still doing well, congrats on your fun day!
Old 08-17-2012, 11:44 AM

Default Good Report

Great stream, if it's the one I think it is. Did you go up much beyond the falls in your pic? I hiked up there a number of months ago and caught one the nicest wild bows I've ever caught. Good to see it's fishing well this time of year. Spring fed creeks are a blessing.
Old 08-18-2012, 09:28 PM

Gubna,
went above the falls to where the stream turns an almost sidewalk with water running over it with a chute of water just above and to the right. I stopped maybe 3000 ft. past the above description. The stream got very narrow I returned back down stream. Have you fished above my description and whats it like if so.

Breck
Old 08-19-2012, 12:01 PM

Default See if this helps

I'm pretty sure I fished above where you're talking about. I hiked up to where the stream literally was about 24 inches wide dumping into a huge, deep, long pool. That's about the point where the trail ended - or at least I couldn't find any type of trail. I went up a little further from that point and the stream opened up again. The following is a link to some of the pics I took on the last trip up there. I thought it was more recent, but it looks like it was about 1.5 years ago. The second pic is where the stream got really small and the 3rd pic is where it opened up again. I was pretty surprised to catch the nice wild rainbow shown in the last pic: http://southernhighlandsflyrod.blogs...-pic-trip.html