Home QLinks New Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-23-2012, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Hackle View Post
I've read reports that striper will follow bait anywhere.
This is fact. So does that mean the Striper follow large schools of Trout from MH up into the Clinch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Hackle View Post
Trout have much more protein.I believe where oyu have trout and shad the striper will pick the trout everytime.
A good analogy to this would be next time your starving give a marathon runner a prime rib and at the some time give 10,000 school kids a hamburger. Now try to catch the runner for your steak dinner. Bet you end up eating a hamburger.

I've spent the last 12 years studying and learning the habits of these fish. That they encounter Trout is purely coincidental. They are going through the same migration movements that nature imprinted on them from the beginning. I understand the concern but again you have to consider that these fish have proven to co exist in other tailwaters where Trout thrived (again I use Cumby as a prime example). There are as many who enjoy fishing for Striper as there are people who enjoy Trout fishing. Both are stocked. There has to be a happy median. Advocating slaughtering of any non invasive fish so that we might enjoy "sportfishing" for another is irresponsible at best, [in my opinion].

Last edited by Paula Begley; 08-23-2012 at 12:54 PM.. Reason: inserted [] language. Paula