Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 09-15-2012, 03:55 PM

Also- I miss The Creel. It was the best bar in Knoxville.

4X
Old 09-16-2012, 08:26 AM

I find it sad that many men go all their lives and never truly take advantage of an opportunity to show their intellect, courtesy, social endowments, and goodness to a cause!

Quote:
To speak and to speak well are two things. A fool may talk, but a wise man speaks. ~Ben Jonson
to choose, to respond, to change.”

Old 09-16-2012, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonBoats View Post
I find it sad that many men go all their lives and never truly take advantage of an opportunity to show their intellect, courtesy, social endowments, and goodness to a cause!

Dang, Shawn! Lighten up.

4X

Why aren't you posting on the Fishery Management sub-topic anyway?
Old 09-16-2012, 02:03 PM

hey 4x please refrain from trying to make levity and light heartedness! After all I thought fishing was a pastime and hobby .

Have a good time in Idaho.
Old 09-16-2012, 07:27 PM

Quote:

Agreed, too many folks these days don't have the stones to stand up for what they believe in.
Old 09-17-2012, 09:32 AM

Quote:

That's cool. As long as you and wolf aren't talking about me (with refrain in listing the reasons).
Incidentally, a friend of mine of caught a bow bursting with eggs this weekend. So, the spawn is on, whatever the ramications. No, he wasn't near a redd.
BTW- I'm not so sure the clinch bows/browns aren't creating baby trout.
Also, don't forget, there is a sub-topic on this board aimed specifically at those wanting to learn/teach about fishery management and biology.
Everybody that's going to fish during the spawn should spend the xtra $ on Seaguar tippet so they can get the trout in the rubber net as soon as possible (Seaguar doesn't break). Quicker the better!
Let's hear more about eagles, newbies asking questions, and fun days fishing on this sub-topic.

4X
Now' I'm going to walk down and feed and hug my Canadian geese.
Old 09-19-2012, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourx View Post
That's cool.As long as you and wolf aren't talking about me (with refrain in listing the reasons).
My last post was to reaffirm the topic and to try and elicit thoughtful contributions to this topic and other issues in regards to our sport. It was not directed towards any one person. My intent was to add perspective and promote stewardship toward a common interest.
Quote:
Incidentally, a friend of mine of caught a bow bursting with eggs this weekend. So, the spawn is on, whatever the ramications. No, he wasn't near a redd.
I have found numerous egg sacks of gutted fish lately full of eggs-brown and rainbow trout!
Quote:
BTW- I'm not so sure the clinch bows/browns aren't creating baby trout.
From my research and experience; the browns and rainbow spawn and reproduce on the Clinch. The percentage that acheive fry are relatively low and do not support the management of the river's mortality (depletion) rate. If you look closely to shallow pools around downed trees, etc; you will see small schools or rainbow. Also; you can view large schools of brown fry around clear creek after the turn of the year.
Quote:
Also, don't forget, there is a sub-topic on this board aimed specifically at those wanting to learn/teach about fishery management and biology.
Everybody that's going to fish during the spawn should spend the xtra $ on Seaguar tippet so they can get the trout in the rubber net as soon as possible (Seaguar doesn't break). Quicker the better!
Let's hear more about eagles, newbies asking questions, and fun days fishing on this sub-topic.

4X

Now' I'm going to walk down and feed and hug my Canadian geese.
I have never fished Seaguar. Do you find that it is more stiff than other tippets? I will give it a try the next time I see a spool in the store.
to choose, to respond, to change.”

Old 09-19-2012, 02:13 PM

Seaguar is my tippet of choice on 6 or 7X. It's very supple in that diameter.
Yes, it's expensive, but 6X in Seaguar is way stronger then many other brands. I fish Rio leaders with Seaguar tippet as a rule. Rio IMO is second strongest tippet. Seaguar's worth it cause you can hustle the trout into the net and you don't lose the big one. I've caught several over 20" in 6X on the area rivers. Don't forget to spit on your knots and pull them down slowwly.

4X
Old 09-19-2012, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourx View Post
Seaguar is my tippet of choice on 6 or 7X. It's very supple in that diameter.
Yes, it's expensive, but 6X in Seaguar is way stronger then many other brands. I fish Rio leaders with Seaguar tippet as a rule. Rio IMO is second strongest tippet. Seaguar's worth it cause you can hustle the trout into the net and you don't lose the big one. I've caught several over 20" in 6X on the area rivers. Don't forget to spit on your knots and pull them down slowwly.

4X
I'll see your Seaguar and raise you Frog Hair Flouro, best stuff I have ever used.
Don't get me wrong Seaguar is good stuff, I just think frog hair is better.

Oh and the rainbows in the clinch successfully spawn far more than most realize. Madison spoke of it already, but the proof is all over the river right now. I am not sure about browns but it is very possible.

IMO folks who deny this either have an agenda or just haven't taken the time to look around.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterwolf View Post
I'll see your Seaguar and raise you Frog Hair Flouro, best stuff I have ever used.
Don't get me wrong Seaguar is good stuff, I just think frog hair is better.

Oh and the rainbows in the clinch successfully spawn far more than most realize. Madison spoke of it already, but the proof is all over the river right now. I am not sure about browns but it is very possible.

IMO folks who deny this either have an agenda or just haven't taken the time to look around.
Is it all those cigarette butts floating down the river that gives indications that spawning is going on?