Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > In The Backcountry

Old 09-20-2012, 08:40 AM

Default 50+ years shared in one day on an excellent blueline!!

Had a great opportunity to share a wonderful day fishing with a man I'm grateful to call my friend. After many shared fishing reports with him I was finally able to lure him away from the vise and bamboo bench - W. BABB.

As beautiful today as it was 50+ years ago.

1st cast = 1st fish and 2nd and the 3rd..........

As always.....the path less traveled. Thanks Walter.

Breck

Last edited by Breck; 09-20-2012 at 10:57 AM..
Old 09-20-2012, 11:24 AM

Awesome!!! Walter is one of the very best fishermen I know. You enjoyed a priceless experience with a true master...super jealous!!!
"Then He said to them, 'Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.'" Matthew 4:19

http://thetroutzone.blogspot.com
http://www.troutzoneanglers.com
Old 09-20-2012, 02:20 PM

I don't know how long you and Walter have been friends,but he is a true one indeed. Walter and his wife worked with my mom and dad @ viskase. He has worked his whole life to share the sport and remember its history. Walter is a kind man and the best nymph fisherman I've ever fished with. I consider myself lucky to know Walter and his company should be treasured.
Lynn
Old 09-20-2012, 03:03 PM

Lynn an David, I couldn't agree with you more. I spend as much time as possible with Walter learning all I can. He's one of those people that come into your life for a REASON and I'm grateful to realize this.

Thank You Gentleman!!

Breck
Old 09-24-2012, 12:00 PM

Walter was the very first fisherman I interviewed during my creel survey of the Tellico and North Rivers in 1995-96. I watched him catch three fish from one pool as I walked up to him. I asked how many he had caught so far and he told me 35-40. I did not doubt it for a minute. Over the next few years, I would pick Walter's brain every chance I got. I even remember one time standing on the bank of North River with Walter and Tim Doyle and watching a copperhead slither along the ground between the three of us. I barely paid notice, I was so interested in what Walter had to say. He is a true gentleman and one of the best fishermen I have even known.