Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 09-28-2012, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockeye valdez View Post
Shawn, ever tie an emergent midge under the larger dry ?
c.v.
CV; not that often. I know it works well and it is a great setup. However; I kind of fish my dry flies dynamically and it would inhibit that technique.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Knapp View Post
Shawn, that is a beautiful brown there! Talk about inspiration to go fishing...
Thanks bud! Hope you are doing well out West...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breck View Post
Shawn, excellent!!!!! I'll be in touch soon!!

Breck
Breck, any time bud...
to choose, to respond, to change.”

Old 09-28-2012, 08:07 AM

Folks, Shawn wasn't handing down the 10 Comandments. He is an experienced fisherman sharing thoughts on fishing the spawn. I have heard Byron say the same things this time of year. I believe 99.9% of us fish legally. But over that legality, we each superimpose our own code of ethics. That is fine. Shawn shared his and the rationale for it. I agree with it. I have yet to catch my first "monster" brown, but when I do it won't be a spawning brown. If you catch a huge spawning brown legally, congratulations!
Old 09-30-2012, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat Fly n View Post
Gentlemen of this forum and Waterwolf,
I guess you see nothing wrong with this statement from the guy who continues to call "TWRA idiots and to grow some *****(gonads, Paula said not to say that word)" from previous posts...

WW, you said to me ......"So make your case, and stop with the inane attempts to be funny. Man up and make your case."

Man up? Young man, you don't know me enough to publicly over the internet tell me to "man up". When someone can stay married for greater than 30 years, hold a job for over 25 years with his group in a high stress high risk operations, as well as publish numerous papers, the later to be released this week don't tell me to "man up". I have raised a family and paid for my education without a DIME from my high school educated parents so you have no right to tell me to MAN UP over a freaking joke about whether or not spawing is going on in the Clinch. No trust funds for me! You then attempted to try and goad me into an answer on the difference of the Clinch vs S. Holston so I can be shot down by someone acting as a professor without a scientific basis.

Everyone is wrong about this river, and trout fisheries in general except for you. My beef is there is no enforcement, your beef is with everyone at TWRA and everyone that disagrees with you. If I had a dollar for everytime someone from TWRA was called an idiot either on here or tndeer.com, I would have a cabin on the Big Horn bought and paid by you. you even argued and corrected FourX when he mentioned he liked Seaguar tippet recently.... WTF does it matter what he likes, why try to correct a guy that cathches some really nice fish what is better?

Write whatever reply you wish and enjoy your podium professor, I'm dropping your class and won't return.
Just got back from fishing ID to find this post.
Sorry to see the the direction this thread went.
I consider you and Wolf friends of mine. Knowing Wolf for a long time I can only compare him to a shot of Cuervo...you either cringe or smile when you drink it.
I would like the tail water threads to take on the light/informative tone of the back country and smoky mtn. threads!
I had a great ID trip that you can check out in the "other states" thread.

Peace,
4X
Old 09-30-2012, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourx View Post
Just got back from fishing ID to find this post.
Sorry to see the the direction this thread went.
I consider you and Wolf friends of mine. Knowing Wolf for a long time I can only compare him to a shot of Cuervo...you either cringe or smile when you drink it.
I would like the tail water threads to take on the light/informative tone of the back country and smoky mtn. threads!
I had a great ID trip that you can check out in the "other states" thread.

Peace,
4X
Same for me Steve, and I would have thought Phil would have taken my post with a little err to the tongue in cheek side of things, but obviously he didn't. I have seen Phil numerous times over the past 6 months or so in the hospital and we always share a good laugh or two before heading our separate ways.

Literally I don't think there is anything you, he, or any of the other bunches of folks I know personally on this board could say that would even cause me to consider being upset.

I know you all too well, and nothing said via keyboard would ever cause me to get angry or upset.

Glad you had a good trip, and see you on the river.