Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Fly Fishing for Trout in Other States

Old 10-06-2012, 11:54 PM

Default South Carolina Trout Streams??

I am considering a career opportnity that would involve moving to the Spartanburg/Greenville South Carolina area. Naturally, one of my concerns is where am I going to fish? I prefer wild trout streams, also prefer that there be some browns around if possible. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could let me know where some possible streams are close to that area.

I know people do not like to name streams so an email would be great if possible. Email me at dachef1997@yahoo.com

Thanks for any information anyone is willing to give!
Old 10-09-2012, 01:04 PM

South Mills River, Pisgah NF and a ton of other streams near the Hendersonville/Brevard area. Should be close enough to you. If you don't take the job, let me know and I will try for it.
Old 10-09-2012, 03:04 PM

I know the feeling... When I was searching last year, sadly that probably too high on my priority list. But it was worth it...
Old 10-10-2012, 09:11 AM

Chattooga offers some great DH fishing and up high some decent wild trout. The Davidson River in NC is also close by.
Old 10-18-2012, 08:04 PM

Also, attend one of the Mountain Bridge Chapter of Trout Unlimited meetings or outings sometime. It is a very active chapter and several folks there should be willing to provide assistance. They have a website where you can review the Chapter's activities.
Old 10-19-2012, 05:00 PM

Default Chattooga Browns

If you travel up toward where the three states converge you may find some decent brown trout water. This time of the year they will sometimes get after orange or yellow stimulators and always the streamers.As you go up the trail on the S.C. side it is sometimes above the creek and you can spot individual and pairs of fish.