Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 10-31-2012, 08:45 AM

Default WNC Fly Expo 2012

Southern Trout will be in western North Carolina this weekend at the WNC Fly Expo (www.wncflyfishingexpo.com). We are quite excited about the event and hope all who attend the show come by to say howdy do to us. Jeff, Adam and I will be there. Apparently the women folk are going to release us for a trial run to see if we can avoid mischief. I have cautioned them not to set their expectations too high.
The following Tuesday Adam and I head to Lexington to talk about fishing in the GSMNP with the members of the Bluegrass TU chapter. Anyone have a suggestion how I can answer the in evitable question, “What’s happened to Tennessee Football?”
Old 10-31-2012, 09:44 AM

Well if the question arises in Lexington the answer is simple, you just ask them what happen to UK football, but if the question comes up anywhere else then I usually give the answer "the SEC happened".
Old 10-31-2012, 10:29 AM

Just tell them........"But at UK, Wildcats basketball is #1, not football."

Bill
B. Arch.
UK 1974
Old 10-31-2012, 12:20 PM

I cant argue with you there kentuckytroutbum, it is kinda like watching a NBA game when UK hits the court. So that being said the best answer might be a long pause then shifting the conversation back to fishing.
Old 11-05-2012, 02:51 PM

Default WMN Expo fun, but small

The Western North Carolina Fly Fishing Expo was fun. Really enjoyed seeing old faces and making new friends. I still marvel at how fly fishing in the region has grown over the last 40 years. I cannot not imagine anyone my age ever guessing that fly fishing would be so popular or widely celebrated as it is today in the South.

Lots of people there disappointed to hear Troutfest will not occur at Townsend this year.

I am off in the morning after voting to go Lexington to talk to the Bluegrass TU. I will try to negotiate a deal there the Tennessee/Kentucky is cut to three quarters so we don’t have to worry about either side scoring a hundred points.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:19 AM

Unhappy

Don-

Appreciate the offer, but I still don't think that will help the 'Cats football team. Now that UK fired Joker Phelps, effective at the end of the season, is not the way to invigorate the team to win. In fact, it has probably demoralized the team. Bad form on the part of UK's administration.

Oh well, wait for basketball season to begin.

Bill