Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Troutfest

Old 12-19-2012, 03:11 PM

Default Troutfest Lite

With Troutfest volunteers taking a much deserved break, Saint Clair Mapping is keenly interested in locating a low cost, yet reasonably high traffic kiosk or similar indoor venue in the Sevierville area for meeting current and would be anglers, answering questions about Park and East TN fly fishing waters, passing out Trout Unlimited information, fishing regulations, etc. and, yeah, selling a thing or too.

If you prefer, you may send your suggestion to me at info@saintclairmapping.com

Having just migrated to 4G with a wireless hot spot and "Square," we can operate with the need for only an electrical outlet and, of course,... a nearby restroom. I envision visitors viewing demos and even five or so simultaneoulsy logging on to our Verizon Jet Pack to download freebies to their devices. (Hmmm, that'll rack up the ol' data charges, but heah...)

The desired timeframe is the month of March. We are willing to ante up around the same amount charged for Troutfest exhibitors, which was an absolute bargain.

Mrs. Maps and I would appreciate any and all "hep" locating a spot.

Thanks, JF

Last edited by JoeFred; 12-20-2012 at 11:16 PM..
Old 12-20-2012, 05:57 PM

joe, give me a shout at the shop I've got a couple of ideas for you.

Kris

www.flyfishtennessee.com
www.facebook.com/flyfishtennessee
Old 12-20-2012, 11:16 PM

Sure will, Kris.
Thanks!

1/13 UPDATE:

Thank you for the suggestions and invitations we've received and to the Little River Chapter leadership for saying we are free to promote membership in Trout Unlimited in the Sevierville area. Being a relatively new member of the chapter I learned only yesterday that it covers Sevier in addition to Blount County, both of which share cradling the magnificent Little River watershed. One of the things Saint Clair Mapping plans to do is apply to be a presenter and exhibitor at next year's Wilderness Wildlife Week in Pigeon Forge. Yesterday I met one of the event coordinators. In my opinion, and that of some of the exhibitors I met, there is still a need for more emphasis on Wildtroutlife.

I needed to have chosen a different title for this thread. No one has complained, but just to be clear, I would never suggest the name Troutfest Lite or any other derivation of Troutfest to be used as an event name regardless of what possibilities might lie ahead. There has been way too much blood, sweat and tears that have gone into the genuine article over its great run to take its name… well… lightly.

Thanks again, JF

Last edited by JoeFred; 01-17-2013 at 11:20 PM.. Reason: Update