Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Meet the New Members > New Members Board

Old 01-06-2013, 02:41 PM

Default From NW TN

Hey everyone. I'm a warm water fly fisherman and tier from rural West Tn. I primarily fish for the various bream species. There are no fly shops within a hundred miles so I started shopping at LRO. The guys there have always been helpful with selecting materials over the phone. I recently got to visit the store in person on a trip and left even more impressed. I've visited the site before and decided I want to join in and try and learn more and share the little bit I've learned or taught myself. Thanks!
Old 01-06-2013, 02:46 PM

welcome to the board. lro is great no matter where you are located or amount of knowledge you have, they always have a way to help you. the people on this board is a wealth of help and knowledge. enjoy and cant wait to see and hear about some of your warm water adventures.
Old 01-06-2013, 03:28 PM

Welcome !! I was wondering if you ever flyfished on Reelfoot? I've been planning on giving it a try sometime . I went to college in Martin back in the stoneages (early 70's) and fished Reelfoot several times while I was there, but never tried a flyrod. Some of those bream there are really big!!
I look forward to some of your posts.

Mike
Old 01-06-2013, 08:50 PM

Hey Mike, I graduated from UT Martin. I fished Reelfoot maybe 2 or 3 times but always in bass club tournaments. I had a bad day fishing out there the last time. Water was low and I got stuck several times on stumps. Also broke my transducer mount off the boat. I've never wanted to go back but now that you mention the bluegill, I might have to find a nice day to go after some with the flyrod!
Old 01-09-2013, 09:16 AM

Hey bmadd, I'd like to talk some more about UTM , Reelfoot , etc some more if you want, so here's my email

memcconk@gmail.com

Later

Mike
Old 01-09-2013, 09:26 PM

bmadd, glad to have you! You said you fished reelfoot some. Same here, like you mainly for bass. Me and my son are new to flyfishing and we love to fish fro just about anything. The cool mountain streams are a welcome departure from the tepid algea covered water of west tn. How close r u to reelfoot and kentuckylake? We love fishing both, matbe we could swap stories sometime. flyguys
Old 01-09-2013, 10:54 PM

flyguys, I live in Carroll County. I'm about 40 minutes from New Johnsonville and about an hour from Paris Landing. Probably close to two hours from Reelfoot. I have not fished in any of the cold water rivers but that's something I'd like to change this year as well. Where are you located?
Old 01-10-2013, 08:51 AM

We live in northwest tn.on the kentucky/tn border. We are about thirty minutes from reelfoot and about fourty minutes from wildcat creek on the backend of blood river arm of kentucky lake.