Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 12-24-2012, 07:50 PM

The Corps revamped its web site today. Try this and click on the name of the dam part way down on the left.
http://www.lrn.usace.army.mil/About/...roundDams.aspx
Old 12-27-2012, 09:23 AM

Our government loves to make new laws based on THE EXCEPTION in any statistical data.... crazy people will not obey gun laws BUT the Government will punish the law abiding. A few drunks or idiots drown in a river so let's close it... same difference.
Old 12-29-2012, 04:31 PM

Crazy people won't abide laws, however, making guns less easy to access (e.g, not having any at moms, dads, your house) will make it much more difficult to get one. Lanza had been turned down for a gun and just went to moms to pick one up. It wouldn't have been so easy if he had no family or friends with guns. Having said that, I support the second ammendment.
Old 01-21-2013, 11:00 PM

So according to the web link, the only restricted 720 bellow center hill dam. This doesn't even come to the concrete boat ramp. Seems it won't affect trout fishing at all. Of course I don't think it will keep anyone safe, but it isn't as restrictive as some speculated.

Remember......I'm and idiot
Old 01-22-2013, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumber_Jack View Post
So according to the web link, the only restricted 720 bellow center hill dam. This doesn't even come to the concrete boat ramp. Seems it won't affect trout fishing at all. Of course I don't think it will keep anyone safe, but it isn't as restrictive as some speculated.
It DOES affect trout fishing and some pretty good fishing if you ask me. There are some BIG fish (and not just trout) in the dam pool. While it seems to be a done deal, I still think everyone should contact your TN representatives and senators to voice your displeasure. Bombarding the Nashville Corps of Engineers office wouldn't hurt either. This is ridiculous...
"Then He said to them, 'Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.'" Matthew 4:19

http://thetroutzone.blogspot.com
http://www.troutzoneanglers.com
Old 01-22-2013, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Knapp View Post
It DOES affect trout fishing and some pretty good fishing if you ask me. There are some BIG fish (and not just trout) in the dam pool. While it seems to be a done deal, I still think everyone should contact your TN representatives and senators to voice your displeasure. Bombarding the Nashville Corps of Engineers office wouldn't hurt either. This is ridiculous...

You're right David, this is just the 1st step against us, could the TVA Dams be next, who knows

Grumpy
Old 01-22-2013, 09:32 AM

I agree with Grumpy, once they ge their foot in the door , they just want to move ahead with further restrictions. It's another part of how big government thinks they need to "take care " of us since we can't do it ourselves. Yeah, right!!
Old 01-22-2013, 09:43 AM

They expect TWRA to patrol these areas, they're spread thin enough as it is

Grumpy
Old 01-24-2013, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Knapp View Post
Sorry that I don't see this as them trying to take away fishing as much as someone trying to legislate safety that doesn't understand how real world works. I just don't see it as a deal breaker for fisherman. Yeah it's a restriction that sucks and makes no real impact on safety, but I also don't see it going away. Sure there are big fish up there, but there are big fish down under the interstate bridges too. If you want to call Nashvile and complain, go for it, I think the buffer is just silly. But my point is people thought the whole river was going to be shut down, and that's just not the case. And I understand the "one slice at a time" mentality, I just don't believe they get any benefit out of shutting down the fishing on the river, nor do I think that's their long term goal.

Remember......I'm and idiot
Old 01-24-2013, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumber_Jack View Post
Sorry that I don't see this as them trying to take away fishing as much as someone trying to legislate safety that doesn't understand how real world works. I just don't see it as a deal breaker for fisherman. Yeah it's a restriction that sucks and makes no real impact on safety, but I also don't see it going away. Sure there are big fish up there, but there are big fish down under the interstate bridges too. If you want to call Nashvile and complain, go for it, I think the buffer is just silly. But my point is people thought the whole river was going to be shut down, and that's just not the case. And I understand the "one slice at a time" mentality, I just don't believe they get any benefit out of shutting down the fishing on the river, nor do I think that's their long term goal.
I agree there are big fish elsewhere, and now instead of sticking to the dam pool, all those boats that are normally there will be fishing some of the other spots that we usually find empty. Oh well...
"Then He said to them, 'Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.'" Matthew 4:19

http://thetroutzone.blogspot.com
http://www.troutzoneanglers.com