Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 02-22-2013, 11:08 AM

Default Southern Trout Milestone Thank You

Southern Trout hit a big milestone this week. We are quite optimistic that we will achieve our goals in May when the publication is one year old. So far in February we have had over 4,500 unique visitors to the site and over 100,000 page views of the magazine. That is about double the traffic of any preceding month. If we can double that by May we will have meet the goal of this being a project that can be monetized in its second year so we can go monthly.
This comes despite me nearly loosing my leg to the Hiwassee, running misidentified fly pictures, and being called “old fashioned” by some of the young guys who prefer a more edgy approach to putting out a fly fishing magazine. The best compliments we’ve received are those that call us “old school.” Anywho, I know a lot of you have seen Southern Trout and go there from time to time to see what we’ve screwed up this time. I want to sincerely thank every single one of you and I hope you continue to enjoy reading what has become an almost legitimate business for us.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:35 AM

Thanks for being old fashioned, old school, old time or just old. I am learning to live with digital editions of magazines and newspapers but that doesn't mean I always enjoy a modern message even if I am using a modern medium to receive it.

anyway keep up the good work
Old 02-22-2013, 12:07 PM

Don, Congrats! I enjoy the magazine but one thing I really want to commend you on is having the availability to download the magazine as pdf so I can store it in my iBooks app on my iPad. That way I can view the magazine anytime, anywhere!
Old 02-23-2013, 09:43 AM

Don,
I am a fan of your magazine and new contributor. I enjoy your magazine's style and I am captivated by your stories and experiences. Hopefully, others will enjoy it as well and find my contributions helpful or interesting to read.
to choose, to respond, to change.”

Old 02-28-2013, 03:23 PM

I met on older gentleman this past weekend on the Elk that writes for your magazine. He said he had been fly fishing for over sixty years. I think his name might have been Bob, but I can't really recall. I really enjoy your publication.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:27 PM

Don,

I want to thank you for giving legs to some of my work, and look forward to having more articles in year two. (BTW, you will be getting a new article sometime next week). Been dealing with double pneumonia aggrivated by a three day outing to the Nantahala....

Marc