Home QLinks New Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 03-24-2013, 04:43 PM

Default Floating from Peach Orchard

Iím interested in taking a float trip in a drift boat from Peach Orchard to Highway 61. I would like to put in and fish areas downstream of Peach Orchard prior to the generation reaching Peach Orchard. I plan on floating down to Highway 61 once the generation rise gets to me, keeping one eye on my watch and the water level. Basically, I plan on floating through the shoals downstream of the Peach Orchard shoals on the generation rise.

My questions are:
Is it possible to go over the shoals immediately downstream of Peach Orchard without the generation rise? Iím sure it will take a hunk of glass out, so Iím thinking of getting out and walking it. Is that possible? Is it best to go river right, left or down the middle?

Thanks!
-TN Jed
Old 03-24-2013, 08:39 PM

Yes you can, if I remember correctly mid-stream and just to the left side is your best bet, but of course, walk it through if you are not comfortable or uncertain. Takes about 2 hours for the water to hit the shoals once the generation is on.
Old 03-25-2013, 04:58 PM

Thanks for the info flyman. I'll probably give it a shot the weekend after next and will try to provide the board a fishing report as well.