Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Photography

Old 11-15-2012, 09:58 PM

Default breck

just sent you one
Old 03-26-2013, 09:57 AM

Breck,

I'm looking at the K-30 for my first DSLR camera. The wife and I are trying to get pregnant so I want a nice camera to document the whole thing. I figured I could get plenty of practice with it on the streams.

Overall, how do you like the camera? Do you have any advice about it? I'll be purchasing in the next month or two.
Old 04-02-2013, 11:16 PM

I have had excellent success with this camera. No complaints or reservations. Its been rained on and various occasions submerged in water with no problems.

Beware...while changing lenses and you get dust on the processor....STOP!!!! Take it to a camera shop and let them clean it it professionally. You will know you need this done when you see spots or streaks in your pics. Do not attempt to remove or clean your self.

Invest in a good Macro lens. I have a good telephoto and searching for a Best portrait or medium distance lens.

Overall, user friendly and not over whelming.

Please share with me your discovery.

Breck
Old 04-03-2013, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breck View Post
I have had excellent success with this camera. No complaints or reservations. Its been rained on and various occasions submerged in water with no problems.

Beware...while changing lenses and you get dust on the processor....STOP!!!! Take it to a camera shop and let them clean it it professionally. You will know you need this done when you see spots or streaks in your pics. Do not attempt to remove or clean your self.

Invest in a good Macro lens. I have a good telephoto and searching for a Best portrait or medium distance lens.

Overall, user friendly and not over whelming.

Please share with me your discovery.

Breck

Thanks for the reply. I've searched through some of your picture posts, and I really like the quality of the photos you have shared.

There is a deal on Amazon right now for the camera body and 18-55mm kit lens for $589. I think I'm going with that one, since it's much cheaper than the other kits with only a slightly better lense. I think I can play around with the kit lense long enough to save for a nicer one.

I'll be posting pictures up once I get the nerve to hit the "buy" button.

By the way, I've been browsing pentaxforums.com. If you haven't found it already, it's a great site with a lot of good info on these cameras.