Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 05-02-2013, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by $3Bridge View Post
Been emailing back and forth with son-in-law this morning. He wants to go where the best opportunity is to catch and keep fish (I will have to work on his conservation / catch and release ethic a bit), as he wants to take a few fish back to the cabin to cook. So since that is what he wants to do, we will do Gatlinburg together, as I would never keep a native park fish.

So all that being said and narrowed down, best spots recommended for in the city fishing? Hey, at least my wife and daughter will be happy that they can drop us off and pick us up.
How about catching trout by bait fishing in G'burg and then fly fishing for trout above Sugarlands?

Last edited by JoeFred; 05-03-2013 at 07:34 AM..
Old 05-02-2013, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeFred View Post
How about CATCHING trout bait fishing in G'burg AND then fly fishing FOR trout above Sugarlands?
Seems as if my daughter wants to learn now. Oh to be newly married and want to fish lol.

My son in law came up with a 5 weight Sage rod. He texted me to ask if Sage rods are any good. He said he went out on the pond at his work to practice casting during lunch. I guess he may be serious after all. Maybe we will try WPLP near Chimneys after all. Who knows?
Old 05-02-2013, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeFred View Post
I suggest you not rule out Lower West Prong Little Pigeon accessible at one of the Quiet Walkways off Newfound Gap Rd (US 441) just above Sugarlands.
– JF
I concur...

Tight Lines,
Old 05-02-2013, 06:29 PM

Default To be Commended

Quote:
Originally Posted by $3Bridge View Post
Seems as if my daughter wants to learn now. Oh to be newly married and want to fish lol.
That's a bit of a problem that your daugter wants to join in. A problem like an overcrowded church.
You folks should have great time even if you have to settle for carryout from Smoky Mountain Trout House.
I commend you for getting them involved. I can kinda relate.

I got my son and daughter into the fun on trips to Elkmont, South Holston, etc. Some time later I got to introduce my daughter's husband to the sport and the Smokies. It was one memorable trip for both of us trip. See the thread
"1st Wild Trout and 1st Smoky Slam" by Brook Fan.

Last edited by JoeFred; 05-05-2013 at 08:52 AM..