Home QLinks New Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Meet the New Members > New Members Board

Old 05-14-2013, 07:08 PM

Default Hello All

Hello all, my name is Tyler and I am fairly new to living in Knoxville. I moved here a little over two years ago for work and I grew up in Cleveland, TN.

I *learned* to fly fish on the Hiwassee River and have spent countless hours on that river. I took a break from fly fishing for a few years and got into bass fishing, which I still love.

As I was finishing my Masters Degree last year I found myself needing an escape and realized I was just minutes from some of the best fly fishing rivers in the US. I was only able to fish a few times last year on the Clinch but have made it an everyday thought so far this year.

In my few times I have been able to fish the Clinch this year, I have realized it is a different world than what I am used to on the Hiwassee. I have met a lot of good guys on the river that have allowed me to pick their brain on the many questions I have.

I look forward to meeting more of you and learning this river that has been a bear to me so far.
Old 05-14-2013, 09:20 PM

welcome to the board. we are glad your here and can't wait to read your post.
Old 05-15-2013, 10:08 AM

Tyler glad to see you got signed on, you know where to find me on the river, there are plenty of people on here with great advise that have helped me. They can even help a Hiwassee fisherman catch something on the Grinch!

"Nothing straightens out my mind like a twisting mountain stream!"
Old 05-15-2013, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsur View Post
Tyler glad to see you got signed on, you know where to find me on the river, there are plenty of people on here with great advise that have helped me. They can even help a Hiwassee fisherman catch something on the Grinch!
Hello, Bigsur! Yes, I had to call the LRO office and after a few weeks Daniel got me set up. I don't think I have been to the river since I saw you out there. Waiting for the water to turn off!!
Old 05-16-2013, 05:42 AM

TylerG, Welcome. You just landed on a Great Forum!!

I live in Cleveland and fish your home water quite often. Also work in the Knoxville area.

Loook forward to meeting you on the stream.

Breck
Old 05-16-2013, 11:21 AM

Hello TylerG

What Masters were you doing? Something fish related? Just wondering because I never was smart enough to do that
Old 05-16-2013, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streamhound View Post
Hello TylerG

What Masters were you doing? Something fish related? Just wondering because I never was smart enough to do that

Welcome TylerG - Hope to meet you on the Clinch sometime. I will be the guy in the faded yellow pontoon boat who paddles oars like a wounded duck and casts a fly rod about as bad . I would like to talk to you some about the Hiwassee if I meet up with you sometime .

Mike
Old 05-16-2013, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streamhound View Post
Hello TylerG

I finished my Masters of Accounting last August. Did it online while working full time. Probably the most difficult thing I have ever done. It was a very long 11 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by g022271 View Post
Welcome TylerG - Hope to meet you on the Clinch sometime. I will be the guy in the faded yellow pontoon boat who paddles oars like a wounded duck and casts a fly rod about as bad . I would like to talk to you some about the Hiwassee if I meet up with you sometime .

Mike

Mike, I'd love to talk a little Hiwassee with you. The only bad thing, I haven't fished it in probably 4 years or so. I absolutely love that river and have spent lots of time there. I'm sure the basics haven't changed very much. I can tell you one thing, it is nothing like the Clinch! Hopefully I'll see you around the river!
Old 05-19-2013, 10:13 AM

Welcome! Lot's of good folks and good information to look forward to.