Home QLinks New Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 05-24-2013, 01:10 AM

Well there you go... a respectful youngster. Tyler if you ever want to fish with one of the OLD GUYS who has forgotten more than he remembers give me a call. 865-255-4840

Besides I getting a bit feeble and need to have someone tell my family were I happily drown... that they might return with my ashes in lieu of a waste can.

You all need to enlighten up, smile at the guy who crowds you on the river and find joy that your not at home watching the Golf Channel.

You don't mind someone sitting next to you at Church do you?
Old 05-24-2013, 08:26 AM

Old 05-24-2013, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbo View Post
Well there you go... a respectful youngster. Tyler if you ever want to fish with one of the OLD GUYS who has forgotten more than he remembers give me a call. 865-255-4840

Besides I getting a bit feeble and need to have someone tell my family were I happily drown... that they might return with my ashes in lieu of a waste can.

You all need to enlighten up, smile at the guy who crowds you on the river and find joy that your not at home watching the Golf Channel.

You don't mind someone sitting next to you at Church do you?
Corbo, I will gladly take you up on the offer anytime. I am all ears. I live in West Knox and try to hit the river after work a few times a week when I can and some weekends. Feel free to shoot me an email, or anyone for that matter, TylerG1077 at gmail.
Old 05-25-2013, 06:04 AM

I can understand Jim's (waterwolf) perspective. He was a trailblazer on the Clinch and other rivers. I would expect he had many, many days of solitude and peaceful river adventures. Also; I can relate to have many of those times and I cherish them.

Jim; I hope you do not let the worry of crowds or fishmongers deter you from something you love. Go fish and do want you want on the days you want. Be mindful and prepare yourself for crowds. Take a moment and make conversation and share flies and tips! I know you have a lifetime full of them and you could help so many others have a better day because they have met you....

As for the fishmongers; take a deep breath and show them how much fun fly fishing can be by catching about 5 fishing in a couple of minutes in front of them.
---------
Anyhow; the only thing that is for sure is that nothing is for sure. So; make the best of what you have and be blessed in the opportunity. If that does not bring you joy; follow your other hobbies and joys until you know it will.

I hope I do not sound condescending or as I am preaching to you and others. I just wanted to offer words of support and encouragement to invite positive things in your life and fight negativity with a passion. It takes some time; but, you will always win in the end.
to choose, to respond, to change.”

Old 05-25-2013, 09:17 PM

Shawn, I really am not negative about this stuff and hope everyone who spends time on the river has great success. There was a time when I generally didn't speak to others on the water unless I knew them. That has changed over the years and as I said earlier I had some great times this past week visiting with some folks on the river that I hadn't seen in years.

I find peace in remote places where many times the fish have only seen my flies. I don't do it out of bitterness towards others, I do it because I enjoy it. I primarily fish for other stuff than trout anymore simply because after 25 years on the Clinch with a bunch of those guiding I'm a little burned out on every aspect of trout fishing our tail waters.

I honestly will never get over my sentiments towards bait fisherman, way too many twra meetings attended listening to them rant for me to ever be able to move on. I know forgiveness is the right approach but this is so deep it will never go away.

I'm typing this from a hotel room in central North Carolina where I have spent all day catching monster grass carp on cicadas and even landed an 8 lb largemouth. We've not seen another fly fisherman and to me it doesn't get better than this. Nothing against others but this is what I enjoy at this stage of my career.
Old 05-26-2013, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterwolf View Post
Shawn, I really am not negative about this stuff and hope everyone who spends time on the river has great success. There was a time when I generally didn't speak to others on the water unless I knew them. That has changed over the years and as I said earlier I had some great times this past week visiting with some folks on the river that I hadn't seen in years.

I find peace in remote places where many times the fish have only seen my flies. I don't do it out of bitterness towards others, I do it because I enjoy it. I primarily fish for other stuff than trout anymore simply because after 25 years on the Clinch with a bunch of those guiding I'm a little burned out on every aspect of trout fishing our tail waters.

I honestly will never get over my sentiments towards bait fisherman, way too many twra meetings attended listening to them rant for me to ever be able to move on. I know forgiveness is the right approach but this is so deep it will never go away.

I'm typing this from a hotel room in central North Carolina where I have spent all day catching monster grass carp on cicadas and even landed an 8 lb largemouth. We've not seen another fly fisherman and to me it doesn't get better than this. Nothing against others but this is what I enjoy at this stage of my career.

Fabulous! I truly can relate to the joy in your post! We all go through different phases of sporting in our lives. Most of these phases seem to be dictated by the availability and opportunity to experience them. I plan on hitting up the lakes this summer for some bash and walleye fishing. Also; I have never caught a carp on a fly rod. So; that is on my bucket list.

Have a good one up in the mountains! Watch out for the snakes. I almost stepped on one last weekend. It had me so skid-dish; that I saw snakes in every stick and branch for the rest of the day.
to choose, to respond, to change.”

Old 05-26-2013, 05:19 AM

On Animal Planet there is a program "North woods law" about game wardens in Maine where I lived for most of my life... the abuses of The Clinch fishery by bait hurlers would never happen in Maine. Trouble is that someone has to give a **** about enforcing the LAW and folks here seem to have little fear of getting busted.

I would wonder if TWRA could tell you how many tickets are writen each year on the Clinch below Norris? My bet is few.

Last time I saw any wardens was at Gator Pont on a saturday when there were a bunch of them hanging out on the dock listening to live music...

No doubt the Lakes are more a focus than tailwaters because they can cruise about in a boat instead o0f walking any distance wearing out shoe leather trying to bust a wormer over the li,it.

Slash a few tires if it makes you feel better; then call the warden to report the slashing... then the get caught over their limit.
Old 05-26-2013, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonBoats View Post

Fabulous! I truly can relate to the joy in your post! We all go through different phases of sporting in our lives. Most of these phases seem to be dictated by the availability and opportunity to experience them. I plan on hitting up the lakes this summer for some bash and walleye fishing. Also; I have never caught a carp on a fly rod. So; that is on my bucket list.

Have a good one up in the mountains! Watch out for the snakes. I almost stepped on one last weekend. It had me so skid-dish; that I saw snakes in every stick and branch for the rest of the day.
Shawn, if you're wanting to catch a carp on the fly. Give me a yell, I can put ya on some. If you need my number shoot me a message on Facebook
Old 05-27-2013, 08:57 AM

That was one pretty bow.