Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 06-20-2013, 12:52 PM

Default Odd sign

At the bridge across middle prong at the thunderhead/lynn camp split explaining the closed waters.

So Panther creek is fair game?
Old 06-20-2013, 01:50 PM

Smile

Fishing is permitted year-round in the park, from 30 minutes before official sunrise to 30 minutes after official sunset. The park allows fishing in all streams EXCEPT the following stream and its tributaries upstream from the point described:
Tennessee
Lynn Camp Prong upstream of its confluence with Thunderhead Prong.
This stream is closed to fishing to allow fish to repopulate following restoration work. For the exact location, consult the appropriate USGS 1:24,000 Quadrangle Map available at park visitor centers. Detailed information, including a complete list of regulations and a map of fishable park waters, is also available at any visitor center or ranger station.

Seems to be closed on the website. No one ever claimed the park made the best maps

You could always just show up at the trailhead next Wed and give it a shot, although it might not be good for Steve Moore's blood pressure.

I can see headlines now "Fisheries students nab Chemistry professor" or "Brookies Breaking Bad"
Old 06-20-2013, 04:28 PM

Oh yeah I know it is closed in the wording online. I just can't believe they don't have the correct sign posted at the trailhead! I was headed up to SAMs a few weeks ago and there were some out of town people that had started to hike up to panther creek because they thought it was open because of the sign... They decided it was too far and just left without fishing... I tried to talk them into trying out thunderhead, but they weren't interested