Home QLinks New Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 01-11-2013, 11:36 PM

Hitting the middle prong tomorrow. Driving a blue toyota avalon with dents all over it...stop by and say hello.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:56 AM

Default Memorial Day weekend 2013

Yeah, I know, if the weather is good the GSMNP is likely to be a "mad house" but it will be my first chance to get to the Park to do some fishin'.

I would like to have the option of getting on somewhat "remote" water to avoid what may be some "large" crowds that Saturday or Sunday.

Let me know if you have an interest in doing so, and perhaps we can work out some arragnements to catch (or at least "chase") some trout together.

I'll be staying in Townsend, so, meeting at LRO as a jumping off point would be no problem.

Thanks - - and may the trout be plentiful, hungry, and non-fictional!

FishStu (a/k/a Mark)
Old 05-06-2013, 05:50 PM

Going to be in Gatlinburg May 13 and 14 fishing in the AM while the better half sleeps. Got a couple ideas for a few hours fishing if anyone is interested in meeting up.
Old 06-04-2013, 05:16 PM

Hey folks I am usually going every saturday and some sundays. I drive a blue saturn and usually on one of the prongs of the little river. So if you see my car feel free to stop by...
Old 06-04-2013, 07:37 PM

I'LL be staying in g-burg june 14-21, fishing in the am as the better half sleeps as ukfb1 has stated, driving silver/gold vw jetta wagon fla plates give me a wave or stop and say hello. appreciate all the advice i've been able to get from everyone on this forum also putting in some dusk times

Last edited by surfdog; 06-04-2013 at 08:17 PM..
Old 06-25-2013, 10:46 PM

With all the posts about Greenbrier lately I decided I have to go up and check it out. I plan to go up Saturday (6/29). If anyone out there wants to go up, let me know. I've never fished this area so keep that in mind.
Old 06-26-2013, 08:07 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Float On View Post
With all the posts about Greenbrier lately I decided I have to go up and check it out. I plan to go up Saturday (6/29). If anyone out there wants to go up, let me know. I've never fished this area so keep that in mind.
I can't fish Sat, but am going to try and get out on Sunday if your interested
Old 06-26-2013, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckypaddler View Post
I can't fish Sat, but am going to try and get out on Sunday if your interested
I'll be in the park Saturday and Sunday most likely. If you go on Sunday let me know. I'll be going thru Townsend so we can meet at LRO or somewhere toward Gatlinburg.
Old 06-26-2013, 10:45 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Float On View Post
I'll be in the park Saturday and Sunday most likely. If you go on Sunday let me know. I'll be going thru Townsend so we can meet at LRO or somewhere toward Gatlinburg.
If you want to go to Greenbrier it really doesn't make sense to meet at LRO. Drop me a line with your contact info and we'll see what we can work out j t locke at tds dot net
Old 09-10-2013, 10:12 PM

Default Wanna get away?

I'll be in a cabin with the family this coming weekend, and I wouldn't mind hitting a river with someone for a couple/three hours. Early morning would be best.

I have a 9 1/2 month old, and I have been fishing twice in 9 1/2 months - my wife doesn't see the connection...

Either Saturday or Sunday morning would work for me. I think we'll be pretty close to Greenbrier and Cosby. Trone dot Sawyer at gmail.com if you are interested.

Just FYI, I wouldn't mind going with someone who knew more about fly fishing in the Smoky's than I do - that won't be tough. I've been 4 or 5 times, and I've caught more fish each time. Slow learning though.