Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Conservation Organizations and Fly Fishing Clubs

Old 06-29-2013, 10:58 PM

Default Project healing waters

Hello,

I just wanted to put this out for everyone. July 13 will be the knoxville project healing water's first "on water" event. If you are or know anyone who suffered injuries while in the military and wants to come out and fish feel free to join! Also if you would like to help out with the event you can contact Steve Thompson or myself. My wife and I will two of the disabled vets there and we are hoping for at least 5 more. This event will be held at the millers island ramp on the clinch. Thanks everyone!

P.s Steve's email is stevethefishingguy@gmail.com
Old 06-30-2013, 10:38 PM

Thumbs Up to ya, we had 40 Vet's on the Caney last weekend, we had enough boat's for all, some chose to wade.
This is the 2nd year we've done this on the Caney & i felt truly honored to guide both years & look forward to next year's event.

Grumpy
Old 07-01-2013, 07:06 PM

Is Project Healing Waters available only those vets disabled as a result of active duty or can those vet disabled due to health issues unrelated to their service also join?
Old 07-01-2013, 08:40 PM

I'm interested in helping. What all can I do?
Old 07-01-2013, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Thumbs Up to ya, we had 40 Vet's on the Caney last weekend, we had enough boat's for all, some chose to wade.
This is the 2nd year we've done this on the Caney & i felt truly honored to guide both years & look forward to next year's event.

Grumpy
That is great! I met Bill Coyne who is over the Nashville program and he said there has been a great turnout. I need to make it down there sometime and hit the caney!
Old 07-01-2013, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavynets View Post
Is Project Healing Waters available only those vets disabled as a result of active duty or can those vet disabled due to health issues unrelated to their service also join?
It is generally due to active duty injuries. However, we can take any vet who has health or PTSD related injuries. The only thing is you have to be at least 30% disabled by VA standards to participate in national events. But they could still participate in any local event that takes place.
Old 07-01-2013, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
I'm interested in helping. What all can I do?
Hello sandman, there are going to be several opportunities to volunteer on the water or at fly tying events. If you contact Steve at his email I put in the post he can definitely give you more information about the event on the 13th and other upcoming events!
Old 07-13-2013, 06:50 PM

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who showed up to today's event! It was a fantastic start to the knoxville chapter. I know all of us veterans truly appreciated everything!
Old 07-16-2013, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcallihan21 View Post
I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who showed up to today's event! It was a fantastic start to the knoxville chapter. I know all of us veterans truly appreciated everything!

Thank you for your service first & foremost. A big thumbs up for your time & devotion towards a great project.

Grumpy
Old 07-17-2013, 12:02 PM

Below is a link to the TV news coverage WBIR did, it was a great day and a privilege to be a part of. The level of fishing expertise was incredibile from well known local and regional guides volunteering their time, to our TU members helping out and of course hats off to the veterans who participated.

http://oakridge.wbir.com/news/news/6...-help-veterans

"Nothing straightens out my mind like a twisting mountain stream!"