Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 08-09-2013, 10:53 AM

Default Who's the next LRO forum star?

Here's the deal. I had a new hat sent to me the other day. It has all the makings of being lucky; open country camo pattern, embroidered deer head and antlers on the front, HuntingGPSMaps embroidered on one side, Sitka embroidered on the other. It's made out of some sort of space age fabric and feel electric to the touch (that's what she said). I plan on wearing it in Wyoming when I head out next month. But, I don't want to travel 2,000 miles to find out my hat is not lucky. So, I plan on giving it a couple test runs beforehand.

In addition, It's been awhile (a year or 2) since I've written a good, long, rambling, alcohol-induced fishing report. I feel a good one building up in me right now.

So, Here's the deal. I'm headed out to fish Sunday morning through most of the day. I'm undecided on where I want to fish yet, but it will be outside the Little River drainage. I've hit a rut and haven't fished outside the LR area in awhile. I plan on being at the trailhead as close to first light as I can get and hiking in a ways before fishing.

I've been reading all these reports from posters that are either new to fly fishing or are new to the area. I wouldn't mind taking someone with me and documenting the trip in the form of a fishing report. There are a few things that would be required of you if you wish to come.

1. Must be capable of hiking a few miles.
2. Non-smoker.
3. Must not be a wanted felon. I plan on taking pics and posting them on this forum.

My fishing report will be a proper fishing report according to the laws and rules on how to make a proper fishing report.

http://littleriveroutfitters.com/for...ghlight=proper

So, if any of you newer guys are wanting to fish on Sunday, just let me know. If none of the newer guys want to go, maybe one of you regulars will want to.
Old 08-09-2013, 01:54 PM

Wish I could accompany you Buzz, but Sunday is out for me. However, I do plan to hit the Clinch bright and early tomorrow, rain or shine... Good luck!

My Blog --> http://tnfishingfanatic.blogspot.com/

My Photo Site --> http://knxtravis80.zenfolio.com/

Email ChemEAngler
Old 08-09-2013, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemEAngler View Post
Wish I could accompany you Buzz, but Sunday is out for me. However, I do plan to hit the Clinch bright and early tomorrow, rain or shine... Good luck!
Travis, I figured Sunday was out of the question for you. I may try to get out and fish some with another buddy Saturday, but last I heard was 80% chance of rain. My time may be better spent writing reports. Let me know how you do.

Last edited by buzzmcmanus; 08-09-2013 at 02:57 PM.. Reason: needed more words for my sentences to make sense
Old 08-09-2013, 06:57 PM

Wish I was closer. The five hour trip one way is a bummer. Would like to fish with you someday. You gave our trip a little advice last year a little further south and would love to meet up with you.

Rusty
Old 08-09-2013, 07:34 PM

Smile

After re-reading your "how to" post, I have a suggestion.

On #3 you should try not to have a bunch of cut trees in your shot Dead giveaway your at a backcountry campsite

Your "How to" post and Byron's how to catch trout in the Smokies. I always seem to get something new out of them every time I read. Good Stuff
Old 08-09-2013, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckypaddler View Post
After re-reading your "how to" post, I have a suggestion.

On #3 you should try not to have a bunch of cut trees in your shot Dead giveaway your at a backcountry campsite
Dang ducky. Good catch. I didn't even realize they were in the shot. Pretty observant.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukfb1 View Post
Wish I was closer. The five hour trip one way is a bummer. Would like to fish with you someday. You gave our trip a little advice last year a little further south and would love to meet up with you.

Rusty
Rusty,

Next time your headed down this way, shoot me an email and we'll try to hook up. I don't have any intentions of deleting my email out of my signature, so you should have an easy time getting ahold of me. Just type "Little River Outfitters" in the subject and I'll know to open it. There's a good chance that I'll end up fishing south of here on Sunday if I don't get any takers for a fishing partner. I hope my advise was of use to you.

Buzz