Home QLinks New Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Old 08-12-2013, 09:11 AM

Default A Grand Slam in the pond!

I had the opportunity to fish a large farm pond yesterday afternoon and, although there were a lot of thunderclouds moving through, I was able to fish for about 2 hours between. It was as humid as I can ever remember and a large jug of ice water was soon gone! I had a lot of fun though, as soon as I got there, following one t-storm, the Bream were popping all around. I started with a lime popper, sz. 12, and they bit readily.

I caught them right along for about 45 minutes, along with a couple of Largemouth, before switching over to a green "Clawdad", sz. 10. I should have went a little larger, but, the smaller size turned out good because the Crappie like them.

I caught around 7-8 nice slabs on the Clawdad, while also catching the intended species:

All in all a great time. Caught about 10 LMB, and my little Jack had a good time too, he tried to attack every one I brought in the boat!!
Old 08-12-2013, 11:31 AM

I love fishing farm ponds. Thanks for the report. Are you in a kayak with a wiener dog?
Old 08-12-2013, 11:50 AM

Thanks! I fish in a Native U12 yak, and thats a Jack Russel (mini). His name is Tao, and if I come home smelling like fish and didn't take him he starts saying bad things about me and running me down! Matter of fact he does the same thing when he's with me and I miss a hookset or do a long distance release!!