Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 08-12-2013, 10:20 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownie View Post
So do they close campsites down until they get the bear, how does it work Ducky?
I really don't know much how it specifically works. I remember getting a memo released to VIP's(VolunteersInPark) that stated how many bear incidents there were that previous year. I was shocked to see that 2 people had discharged rounds at bears Don't think either case was justified. There were hundreds of "Bear Incidents though", and apparently they dart many a bear per year. I'm sure others might be able to chime in with more

http://www.nps.gov/grsm/naturescience/black-bears.htm
Old 08-12-2013, 10:38 AM

Really nice post. That's a sweet looking brown.
Old 08-12-2013, 11:47 AM

Nice post Buzz, congrats on a good day.

My Blog --> http://tnfishingfanatic.blogspot.com/

My Photo Site --> http://knxtravis80.zenfolio.com/

Email ChemEAngler
Old 08-12-2013, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckypaddler View Post
I really don't know much how it specifically works. I remember getting a memo released to VIP's(VolunteersInPark) that stated how many bear incidents there were that previous year. I was shocked to see that 2 people had discharged rounds at bears Don't think either case was justified. There were hundreds of "Bear Incidents though", and apparently they dart many a bear per year. I'm sure others might be able to chime in with more

I think I would be a little more prone to discharge rounds at the stupid people that try and get as close as possible to the bears just to take a picture than I would the bears themselves.

Nice score on the brown. I'm getting Brown fever just knowing fall is coming soon.
Old 08-12-2013, 01:34 PM

Quote:

Thanks Ducky, very interesting.
Old 08-12-2013, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Those 2 fish alone must have been enough to make your day. Bet you there is a newby out there kicking themselves right now
Based on my success so far in the Smokies (or severe lack thereof), after I saw this report, I took yoga so that I could learn to bend my leg so I could kick myself in the rear!. But after I saw that huge brown, I couldn't stay sad. That was a beautiful fish!
Old 08-13-2013, 10:38 AM

Great post & pics Buzz as always. Congrads on the Brown and I'm glad you and "The Bear" parted ways without incident. After you and I saw that bear a couple of years back, I've been carrying bear spray ever since. It may or may not work but it makes me feel better.
Old 08-14-2013, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoop235 View Post
Great post & pics Buzz as always. Congrads on the Brown and I'm glad you and "The Bear" parted ways without incident. After you and I saw that bear a couple of years back, I've been carrying bear spray ever since. It may or may not work but it makes me feel better.
I wish I would have thought to call you Saturday night. If you'd been able to get a yard pass I could have headed south and we could have fished some of your streams.

I'm glad that bear didn't act like the one we ran across. I didn't have someone with bad knees with me that I could have knocked to the ground and outran to the car.
Old 08-14-2013, 10:21 AM

LOL!! Your right, it wouldn't take much to beat me back to the car. At least now the bear would have a pepper flavor to it's meal.

As for fishing, just give me call when you get some free time and we'll head out.

Also, I've thought about a three day weekend backpacking trip this fall in that area. If you see a free weekend around your Wyoming trip and your interested, just let me know.