Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 08-21-2013, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooked_On_Fly_Fishing View Post
Have any of you guys ever fished the thermal side of the park? (Fire Hole, Gibbons, and the Madison)
Since I was there in July most of those streams were already too warm but I'd love to go in the spring one year and give them a try. It's a tough decision to take a risk in the spring with run off and potential for snow. My first trip was in September and this past trip was late July. The weather was great both times, minus a little evening showers this time.
Here is a link to my June trip to Firehole, Madison, and Gibbon this summer:
http://littleriveroutfitters.com/for...ad.php?t=16936

It was great, but it snowed twice too. Brrr.
Old 08-23-2013, 10:15 AM

Thanks for the follow up.......I am a huge fan of the thermal section, especially the Gibbon Meadows, but only in the fall. The fishing pressure increases at this time, but there is good reason. Next time you go, stop by the Gibbon and be sure to stand away from the bank, and throw a live grasshopper in the water. You may be amazed at what comes out from under those undercut banks!!
Old 08-23-2013, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonder View Post
Thanks for the follow up.......I am a huge fan of the thermal section, especially the Gibbon Meadows, but only in the fall. The fishing pressure increases at this time, but there is good reason. Next time you go, stop by the Gibbon and be sure to stand away from the bank, and throw a live grasshopper in the water. You may be amazed at what comes out from under those undercut banks!!
Be sure to use a grasshopper you're not friends with.
Old 08-24-2013, 07:03 AM

Yes.......and also make sure it isn't attached to your fly line!!!