Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 08-26-2013, 09:52 AM

Great fish and awesome story to go along with it! Looking forward to hearing about many more of your adventures in the Park.
"Then He said to them, 'Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.'" Matthew 4:19

http://thetroutzone.blogspot.com
http://www.troutzoneanglers.com
Old 08-26-2013, 10:01 AM

Congrats Brownie!! Very nice fish, I'm envious big time. It took me about 4 years fly fishing before I caught my first Brown. Since then I've caught a few, mostly in NC, but the largest has been about 12 inches. They are beautiful fish but I just haven't figured out how to fish for them. The few I've caught were pretty well luck while fishing for Bows.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:41 AM

WOW!!!!! Really nice fish and the ones in that particular have phd's. Sometimes you just have to show them something a little different.
Lynn
Old 08-26-2013, 10:54 AM

Don't think there are too many "regulars" on here that don't recognize that spot...I believe another large brown was hooked in that water last fall...always people fishing there but not too many know what they are doing...as with most large pools of water up there if you take the time and are patience you will spot the fish....then the hard part is getting them to take something after they have seen it all day after day....great fish...now you can retire since you wont probably get anything bigger up there.
Old 08-26-2013, 06:54 PM

Thanks guys I appreciate all the kind words, and I am sure there are bigger ones in the Little River and I will happily devote my time looking for them, a lot of the big ones in PA have PHD's so I have learnt a few tricks from my guru up there who has caught more big browns than I will ever catch in my life
Old 08-26-2013, 10:35 PM

Nice fish dude, just got back from NC coast last night and saw this on Sunday. I think it made me drive a little faster! I think you and Breck hold this summer's record so far.;-)

"Nothing straightens out my mind like a twisting mountain stream!"
Old 08-26-2013, 11:08 PM

Brownie,

Appears that you are acclimating quite fine my friend. Not having fished the park as much as you, I believe that is a trophy fish as bigsur has stated.

The stealth and determination required to catch that fish is admirable and respected by me my friend!!!

Thank You,

Breck
Old 08-27-2013, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breck View Post
Brownie,

Appears that you are acclimating quite fine my friend. Not having fished the park as much as you, I believe that is a trophy fish as bigsur has stated.

The stealth and determination required to catch that fish is admirable and respected by me my friend!!!

Thank You,

Breck
Thanks Breck, still looking forward to fishing with you and don't forget to holler at me for that Charity thing.
Old 08-27-2013, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsur View Post
Nice fish dude, just got back from NC coast last night and saw this on Sunday. I think it made me drive a little faster! I think you and Breck hold this summer's record so far.;-)
Thanks bud,were you fishing on the NC coast, if so how did you make out?
Old 08-28-2013, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownie View Post
Thanks bud,were you fishing on the NC coast, if so how did you make out?

Yes I make at least one annual trip each year for around 8-9 days, I kinda grew up and spent a lot of time on the NC coast area and later had business that kept me going to the area. I surf fish hard core for flounder, will post some shots once I get settled back in , just got home and back to work Monday. I want to fly fish down there but have a tendacy to go with what I know, and do traditional surf casting with 7ft and 9ft surf rods. I tend to target flounder, kinda like trout you can cast and hope for the best or learn to work a grid and hone in on them. A former charter boat captain and his wife have just opened in March, a small flyshop in Atlantic Beach NC, so I stopped in and bought some flys that a guy up north sells them, they were designed to use to target stripers and big stuff up north. Thought they looked cool and would maybe work on some large tailwaters around here I'll post some pics of those later with some flounder shots. These folks are like Byron, Paula, and Daniel super nice locals who love the sport and are now doing estuary and ocean guided trips, including fly fishing for sharks (yikes!), reds, and whatever else is running. This is the Morehead City, Atlantic Beach, Emerald Isle area, literally an island with the state port on one end with a jetty and Emerald Isle on the other with miles of surf and piers and back bay areas behind it. It's all about boats, fishing, surf and every kind of seafood available, family oriented and no roller coaster in sight! As far as your fish the first thing I said was the acrynom for the beach down there they use for marketing the Southern Outer Banks (SOBX)!

"Nothing straightens out my mind like a twisting mountain stream!"