Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 09-16-2013, 01:14 PM

Unhappy Fishing Great, Memory Bad

Saturday my buddy and I fished West Prong (2 or 3 pull-offs) above the Alum Cave Trail head. I finished a little early in the evening and decided to take a nap in the grass while waiting for my partner. While loading the car after a successful day of catching brookies and bows, I forgot to load my rod and reel in the car. I know it is a long shot...but, if anyone knows of someone who picked up a 7 foot 3wt Diamondglass Rod with a Courtland reel, please brighten my day by contacting Little River Outfitters.
Old 09-16-2013, 03:49 PM

Default Might also...

Put in a call to Sugarlands to leave your number in the event that someone turned or does turn it in there.

Mike
"Fly-fishing has many attributes, but none more pleasing than it's ability to liberate the young boy that still hides within me and to let that boy live again without embarrassment or regret, sorrow or anguish." Harry Middleton
Old 09-16-2013, 06:06 PM

Good luck, maybe you'll get lucky. I have done the same thing more than once. Last time it was a custom made Brodin net with scrimshaw ivory inlays that my son gave me his first Christmas. I'm still sick over that One trick I tell everyone now is to put your rod on the hood of the car. Lift the wind shield wiper to hold the rod in place. Put the other stuff on the hood. You can't drive off with out seeing it then.
Old 09-16-2013, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutdawg View Post
Saturday my buddy and I fished West Prong (2 or 3 pull-offs) above the Alum Cave Trail head. I finished a little early in the evening and decided to take a nap in the grass while waiting for my partner. While loading the car after a successful day of catching brookies and bows, I forgot to load my rod and reel in the car. I know it is a long shot...but, if anyone knows of someone who picked up a 7 foot 3wt Diamondglass Rod with a Courtland reel, please brighten my day by contacting Little River Outfitters.
It's not your rod but I just got a brand new 3 wt 7'6" diamond glass. Never been used. If you want to replace yours I would be willing to give you a good price to get you back out on the stream.
Old 09-16-2013, 07:32 PM

That's nice of ya Flyred. I'm sure i could scare up an old reel to put on it if needed. Nothing fancy, but fishable.

Tags
lost equipment