Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 09-23-2013, 08:17 PM

Default You guys need to be fishing

If your not fishing call in sick from work and get to the park. The browns are bunched up and are catchable. The rainbows have the feed bag on too. Went up last Thursday for about three hours and had one of the best days I've had in a while. Caught about twelve to fourteen browns with a couple rainbow for good measure. If I didn't have to pick the kid up at school I would have stayed til dark.

Lynn
Old 09-24-2013, 11:01 AM

Talking

Your such a tease

I know we all get to see your Clinch Rainbow pic at the top of every screen, but I for one would love to see a pic of some of those Browns
Old 09-24-2013, 01:39 PM

I'm hoping to accomplish that this weekend. I have yet to catch a brown in the park after man trips (probably because I usually fish brookie streams), but it looks like I might actually make it there during the right time to increase my odds!
Old 09-24-2013, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckypaddler View Post
Your such a tease

I know we all get to see your Clinch Rainbow pic at the top of every screen, but I for one would love to see a pic of some of those Browns
Ducky sorry but I'm not much of a techie even with the simple stuff. I don't take many pictures anymore. It took me forever to get my avatar set. I will try to do better. That rainbow is my favorite fish by far. While fighting him I would have sworn he was larger. Just really healthy for an eighteen incher. One brown I caught was about that size and very, very dark. There was an undercut close. I guess that's where he came from.

Lynn
Old 09-24-2013, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL trout bum View Post
I'm hoping to accomplish that this weekend. I have yet to catch a brown in the park after man trips (probably because I usually fish brookie streams), but it looks like I might actually make it there during the right time to increase my odds!
Troutbum hope you get your brown. With the low streams fish something big and lightly weighted. Just enough to get it down. They'll either eat it or run from it.

Lynn
Old 09-24-2013, 03:29 PM

I was planning on some larger beadhead stonefly nymphs. You think I can get away with 5X? I've only used 6X in the smokies for brookies, so brown trout fishing there is a whole new ballgame to me. I know a few places to try on Bradley Fork, then in cataloochee I am just going to go trial by error.
Old 09-24-2013, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL trout bum View Post
I was planning on some larger beadhead stonefly nymphs. You think I can get away with 5X? I've only used 6X in the smokies for brookies, so brown trout fishing there is a whole new ballgame to me. I know a few places to try on Bradley Fork, then in cataloochee I am just going to go trial by error.
I fished 4x but 5x will be ok as long as you don't hook a wall hanger. Just remember the browns are throwing a little caution to the wind with the spawn coming up. So use what you can get away with. If you hook a good one you'll be glad. I've landed big fish on 5x and smaller tippet but why chance it. With larger nymphs it'll take a larger tippet to drive the hook home.

Lynn
Old 09-24-2013, 04:18 PM

Like AL Trout Bum, we're heading to GSMNP on Thursday (camping at KOA in Townsend) and looking forward to getting "on" the water on Friday, Saturday & Sunday - - sounds like the weather will be very comfortable and dry, but a bit of cloud cover would be nice for the feeshin'.

FishStu
Old 09-25-2013, 08:00 AM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Hackle View Post
Ducky sorry but I'm not much of a techie even with the simple stuff. I don't take many pictures anymore. It took me forever to get my avatar set. I will try to do better. That rainbow is my favorite fish by far. While fighting him I would have sworn he was larger. Just really healthy for an eighteen incher. One brown I caught was about that size and very, very dark. There was an undercut close. I guess that's where he came from.

Lynn
No problem Lynn I have the perfect solution
You just need to take me with you chasing big browns and I will shoot pictures (for your review before posting to make sure I'm not giving anything away)

When we going?
Old 09-25-2013, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckypaddler View Post
No problem Lynn I have the perfect solution
You just need to take me with you chasing big browns and I will shoot pictures (for your review before posting to make sure I'm not giving anything away)

When we going?
I'm off Thursday. I have to get my truck to the shop for awhile but it wont take long and I might have to wait on an AC guy to look at my unit. My cell is 865-228-3750 or email me at lynnandshell@att.net give me a call or look me up in the park. I usually start at Metcalf (hint) and fish on up from there. I drive a black Tacoma with two stickers on the rear window. I'll fish with you anytime I can.
Lynn