Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-02-2013, 01:58 PM

UPDATE: The paragraphs below is from Dainel's LRO fishing report on this webpage this morning for those who might have missed it:

"Well, Great Smoky Mountains National Park, and ALL the others for that matter, is still closed this morning. US 441 Newfound Gap Road is open to through traffic. You can drive to Cherokee, NC but they have the pull offs barricaded so there is no stopping. All other roads in the Park are closed including Little River Road, Tremont Road and Cades Cove. Visitors aren't even allowed to walk or bike in."

"I tried calling the Cherokee National Forest offices yesterday and finally got a voice mail saying that they were on furlough and unable to answer the calls. This morning I called the TWRA and the lady I spoke with there said that the information that they had was that National Forest Campgrounds were closed but roads were still open and hunts and fishing opportunities would continue as normal. Having the National Forest remaining open provides tons of fishing opportunities.
Keep in mind that the main part of Tellico River is closed to fishing on Thursdays and Fridays due to normal stocking. You also need a special Tellico Permit in addition to your TN Fishing license and Trout Stamp. If you fish North River or Bald Rivers you do not need the extra permit and you can fish everyday."

"Nothing straightens out my mind like a twisting mountain stream!"