Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 10-06-2013, 08:22 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crockett View Post
Some crazy waist deep rapids above a death falls that we crossed:
Crazy to think that we walked right through the center of that And to think that REALLY IS the safest place to cross
I know Freddie gave me the "Are you sure" look before we crossed there a few weeks before. I know I am sure glad I've taken several swift water rescue courses as sometimes what appears on the outside to look nasty really is the easiest path.

My only regret is that we didn't catch more fish, and that I could have shown you a few more features. Guess we will have to go back
Old 10-06-2013, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckypaddler View Post
Don't worry, they were eaten
Are you sure the last time I saw them they were on a porch swing with a small dog laying on top of them.

http://gosmokies.knoxnews.com/profil...=2hvzainc23h5b

Hey Jack (JAB)...
Old 10-07-2013, 10:43 AM

Thumbs up

I plan to nominate the three of you for the Nobel Peace Prize.
Old 10-07-2013, 12:55 PM

Hi All,

Rangers at the Townsend entrance are letting people walk into the Park. Yesterday, we had a beginner fly fishing class and they were allowed in. Doug and I drove up to the entrance and talked to a couple of Rangers a few minutes ago. They said it is OK to walk in but be aware, you are on your own. Don't get hurt!

I asked about bicycles. They are not letting them in at the entrances where Rangers are on duty. If you entered somewhere else on a bicycle, I don't know what to expect.

So, you can walk into the Park and fish. While we were there several people walked by and proceeded up Little River.

These guys and gals are very sympathetic to all of us as I am feeling the same about them. They are doing their job and talking to a lot of people all day long. I'm sure they are getting grief too from some people.

There is quite a bit of space to Park at the Townsend entrance. There might have been 10 vehicles there when we pulled in. We didn't have a problem finding a place to park.

Byron
Old 10-08-2013, 11:53 AM

Twitter:

#barrycades
#PresidentStompyFoot
#SpiteHouse
#ShutdownTheater

Have some nice pictures of tasteful civil disobedience. There is also some political drivel but they are still worth a read.
Old 10-08-2013, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron Begley View Post
Rangers at the Townsend entrance are letting people walk into the Park. Yesterday, we had a beginner fly fishing class and they were allowed in. Doug and I drove up to the entrance and talked to a couple of Rangers a few minutes ago. They said it is OK to walk in but be aware, you are on your own. Don't get hurt!
That statement holds true where we were, regardless of a shutdown!

Hey let's see some more pictures!

Pale rainbows thrive here

James moving up, Adam fishing a nice spot to the side

How could you NOT love it here? Adam in 'sneak attack combat ninja fishing' mode

The red parts are slippery... walking up in the flowing water is somehow safer...

Adam working a good eddy

Old 10-08-2013, 01:55 PM

Default Continuation

I came over the top of a waterfall and saw James with his rod bent over at the pool on the other side...

Inspecting the catch

No, they will not pay any attention to whatever you are throwing at them....

Frothy goodness

There's a rod up there with my name on it.... literally. I guess it will wait for another day...

No broken rods, no lost water bottles, no slip and fall ins over class 5 rapids, no lost rods... I think I finally broke the curse!

Fun as always, guys. Great fishing with you Adam!
Old 10-09-2013, 08:38 AM

Great fishing with you too Nathan some good pics there! Loved it when you pulled out that civil disobedience sign. I guess any wild trout stream can be a dangerous place to fish if one is not very careful but this one I would say is very dangerous. I am glad these guys were here to show me the ropes. Crossing that white water and fishing class 5 rapids is not for the faint of heart. Although the journey to the stream and out was probably the strangest/scariest part. Something I will never forget.

http://gosmokies.knoxnews.com/profil...=2hvzainc23h5b

Hey Jack (JAB)...