Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 10-10-2013, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzmcmanus View Post
Later guys..... I don't come here to get P.O.ed about politics. I come here to relax; read and learn about fishing and the outdoors. If there is an issue that I feel is directly related to the Park, I'm concerned, but not about politics in general.

You all have a good fall. I'll check back in a couple months.
I have to agree with Buzz.
This used to be one of the last respites on the internet where people didn't wear their politics on their shirt sleeves. Always was a good place to come and talk about fishing & the mountains. Like buzz said, yes, certain issues directly effect us as sportsmen & women, but when a discussion strays into endless partisan brow beating, I believe it starts to damage what this forums inherent draw once was. If that's you're style though, fair enough.
Old 10-10-2013, 05:22 PM

Default ok

Want to apologize for the post "here's one for you".I was aggrevated because of the closing of the Park.I did not intend the post to be viewed as political...but as a lover of the park and it's streams for some 40years,I felt compelled to comment on the park closure etc.I believe the national parks are our "Last Best Place".
Old 10-10-2013, 09:10 PM

Default Split the baby

If you have ever ran your own business, you know that when revenues are down, your pay is down. Rather than curtail services, why not just an across the board cut of 50% on everything from federal pay rolls and food stamps, to social security. If you are dumb enough to depend on a government check and do not like, get a real job. Next sell of TVA and most of the western BML land. Run it like a business, not a steal-athon.
Old 10-11-2013, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Kirk View Post
If you have ever ran your own business, you know that when revenues are down, your pay is down. Rather than curtail services, why not just an across the board cut of 50% on everything from federal pay rolls and food stamps, to social security. If you are dumb enough to depend on a government check and do not like, get a real job. Next sell of TVA and most of the western BML land. Run it like a business, not a steal-athon.
Had a real job. Had lots of money taken out of my paycheck for the promise of social security. Retired. Would like to get some of my money back.