Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 10-11-2013, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grannyknot View Post
Be careful camping, hiking, & fishing in the NF this weekend. We are right smack in the October Monroe county bear (with dogs) season.
Made that mistake years ago - 4WD's and hounds howling all night long!

steve
Old 10-11-2013, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonefly View Post

steve

Not to hijack the thread with bear dog stories, but thought you all would enjoy this one. Many years ago, my dad was staying at the Donley cabin with some other TWRA guys. They had been doing some work on the North. A stray hound had been hanging around the cabin all night. Around midnight it got into a skunk right outside the cabin. Skunk sprayed the dog, and in the process sprayed the side of the cabin. Anyone who's been to the donley cabin knows it isn't exactly air tight. The smell was so awful that none of them could sleep and they had to evacuate in the middle of the night.
Old 10-11-2013, 10:09 PM

Flyman01- look at news reports reporting of the lenghts that this corrupt adminastaration is stooping, removing handels to drinking fountains up east, extorting State funds from Utah, ect. This is not America any longer! This corupt regime is spending more money keeping us from fishing and enjoying our land then they spend keeping it open.
Old 10-13-2013, 06:50 PM

"We're lucky we're not getting all the government we're paint for."
- Will Rogers
Old 10-14-2013, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainBBow View Post
Flyman01- look at news reports reporting of the lenghts that this corrupt adminastaration is stooping, removing handels to drinking fountains up east, extorting State funds from Utah, ect. This is not America any longer! This corupt regime is spending more money keeping us from fishing and enjoying our land then they spend keeping it open.
I hear and agree with what you are saying rainBBow. My friend and I headed down and fished both the Hiwassee and the Tellico this past weekend; the weather and fishing was great including the conversations we had regarding the corrupt regime presently in office. Here is my friend; his (censored) gesture represents the feeling of both of us toward the whole system.
Old 10-14-2013, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonefly View Post

steve
At times I think I made that mistake years ago choosing the subdivision we live in because of the same annoyances. The dogs barking is pretty constant. The pickups with loud mufflers peak on Fridays when the boys leave out and return from a courtin'. Just like experienced hunters can usually tell the game treed from the bay of the hounds, I can usually tell when a dude's date went badly.