Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Fly Fishing for Trout in Other States

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-30-2013, 11:59 PM

Default CO Fall Fishing Pictures

I've been getting out as much as possible over the last few weeks. This is my favorite time of year to be on the water. This year has been spectacular as the browns have been hitting streamers aggressively on every trip I've taken. The colors were nice but hit their peak a bit early compared to what happens in Tennessee. Of course we've already had our first snow and in the higher mountains, the ski resorts are already starting to open.

We even have salmon out here!

The browns are incredibly aggressive lately. Lake-run fish have been the best for willingness to chase streamers. There are plenty of spots to find these fish. Some are off the beaten path which makes the experience that much better...

Note the good luck LRO "Brookie" hat below...it really does work as a good luck charm!

The fish below was caught on Boulder Creek right in town. The fish fell for a streamer but did not hit as hard as some of the fish I've caught recently. The cold temperatures may have something to do with the fish seeming a bit sluggish.

"Then He said to them, 'Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.'" Matthew 4:19

http://thetroutzone.blogspot.com
http://www.troutzoneanglers.com