Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 10-31-2013, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rog 1 View Post
I got my first lab in exchange for a set of golf clubs....best deal I ever made. Her full name was Smoky Brook of Elkmont...just love the smoke like mist over the Little River in Elkmont. She has been gone for eight years now and I now have two more. They do get close to you and they do become family. Smoky was cremated and while I am sure there is some gov't. regulation against it I did spread a few ashes over the river for which she was named. I still get that something in my eye when up there and see the evening mist roll in....
What a great way to remember your dog.

What a great way to get rid of golf clubs.
Old 10-31-2013, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rog 1 View Post
I got my first lab in exchange for a set of golf clubs....best deal I ever made. Her full name was Smoky Brook of Elkmont...just love the smoke like mist over the Little River in Elkmont. She has been gone for eight years now and I now have two more. They do get close to you and they do become family. Smoky was cremated and while I am sure there is some gov't. regulation against it I did spread a few ashes over the river for which she was named. I still get that something in my eye when up there and see the evening mist roll in....
I'm sure the government won't mind. What a touching story.
Old 10-31-2013, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderhead8 View Post
I had to put down my 11 year old dog last night. Something in my eye ever since. RIP Oreo.
While I've never owned a dog I could just imagine the sadness you must have felt for someone that was part of your life for 11 years.