Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 10-26-2013, 08:35 PM

Default Gettin' Lucky

Earlier this week, I received an email from a fellow forum member from Indiana. JRoss wanted to let me know he'd be in town and would be up for fishing if I didn't have anything to do. It just so happens that the wife is out of town and I had to stick around to feed the critters. So, yea, I was able to go fishing. Some of you may remember a couple years ago JRoss came down and outfished ChemEAngler and I. http://littleriveroutfitters.com/for...ad.php?t=15002 . Well, I wasn't about to let that yankee do that again. It was time to go to extreme measures. I pulled my ultra-lucky fishing hat out of retirement.

I had retired this thing while it was in its prime. According to the sniff test, it was definitely in its prime. But, it needed to be worn for this trip.

You'd think that someone who hates Gatlinburg on a good day would not choose to fish a stream on the other side of Hades on the busiest weekend of the year. Not I. I originally told JRoss that I'd meet him at the ranger station at 11. A little while later I changed it to 11:30. At 11:30, I text him "What a mess. I just made it to Gatlinburg". Needless to say, next time I fish this stream, it'll be a weekday.

We finally met up and made it to the water.

Cold and clear. I got lucky and was able to catch my first fish of the day.

I'm not about to eat these.

JRoss trying to get lucky.

But, not as lucky as I.

The sun didn't want to cooperate with good pics, but this shows how clear the water is.

After a little while, JRoss suggests we run upstream and try to catch a couple brookies before we call it a day.
Old 10-26-2013, 08:54 PM

Default cont'

Well, we run upstream and try to get lucky and catch a couple brookies. If they are here, I bet there's one in this pool.

Yep, I got lucky and my second fish in the new location was what we sought.

I bet eating these would be about like eating tater chips.

Oh yea, I almost forgot, at our previous location, I did catch my biggest park rainbow of the year. It came from an undercut bank and took my dry in slow motion.

Just in case anyone was wondering where rocks come from, they come from trees. I may be the first person to ever catch the birth of a rock on film. In case any of your kids ever ask you where rocks come from, you can factually state that they come from trees.

It's a recessive gene.

As we were headed out, I saw some flowers growing along side the road. Luckily for me, no one else was on the road and I was able to jump out and snap a picture.

These folks will know what I'm talking about.

Last edited by buzzmcmanus; 10-27-2013 at 06:15 AM..
Old 10-26-2013, 09:02 PM

Default Oops

This should be in a different forum. Should be in Smokies forum.

Last edited by buzzmcmanus; 10-27-2013 at 06:16 AM..
Old 10-27-2013, 07:59 AM

Send a message via AIM to 2weightfavorite

I think that river has some of the clearest water I have ever fished... Especially in the winter months. Amazingly enough I have caught stocked fish all the way up at that walking bridge!
Old 10-31-2013, 07:28 PM

I understand how you feel about Gatllnburg. When my wife and I visited the Smoky Mountains a few weeks ago the traffic jams were as bad if not worse than Chicago. Welcome to the big city Knoxville area.