Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Salmon and Steelhead

Old 12-09-2010, 11:20 AM

Really enjoyed your reports. Its been a few years since I have gone out for steelhead. Being from Michigan I loved fishing the Pere Marquette. Steelhead in the spring and Salmon in the fall. Miss those days but enjoyed your posts. Hopefully I can dust off my 8 wt soon.
Old 11-05-2013, 09:45 PM

Default 2013 Lake Erie

I did not get to go last year - too much work. When I tried last Dec, it was too cold with ice in the steams.

I was able to go this week (first week of Nov). This was my second time out this week. Had a good day hooking fish all day. Got 9 to the net, lost 10+. I had to chase 3 of them down the stream trying not to get snagged in rocks and trees. I'm out of shape. Plus, the clunky waders did not help.

Mark

Old 11-05-2013, 10:20 PM

Nice chromers...

Tight Lines,
Old 11-06-2013, 11:45 AM

For the last few years, i've been trying to catch that Lake Run Brown.

During one of the drifts, I had a bite (or thought i had a bite), I noticed the flash of a fish, it took-off upstream, I noticed the different color of the fish and the big spots on the top of a brown trout.

I realized it was foul-hooked in the tail. The hook pulled within seconds.

Glad the hook pulled, but bummed that I was in the same pool as the brown but did not get that fish to 'bite'. I fished that section for 2 hours.

Now, I'm more determined.

Mark
Old 11-11-2013, 10:32 AM

Default Last fish of the week

This was the last fish of the week on Wed night. I caught this fish in 6 inches of water. I could see his fins and tail sticking out of the water in the lower tail-out section of the pool. I was on my knees about 10 feet back on the bank hoping the fish did not see me. On the 3rd drift, he took the fly. This was my only fish of the afternoon.

It was pretty cool to see this fish jump straight-up in the air when hooked. I can still picture the red-strip down its side, then it took off to the down-stream. This fish has been in the stream for a little while - had a few cuts on the underside. This was caught about 10-15+ miles from the lake.

I hope the weather is not too cold/icy during Christmas. I would like to get a few more days in the 2013 season.

Mark

Old 12-21-2013, 08:57 PM

I must have missed this one somehow...??
Nice fish!

Mark,
I'm usually back and forth on 90 quite a bit throughout the year on the way to NY. So, just thought I'd ask... if you happen to have any info that you would be willing to share on those PA streams, please let me know. Wouldn't mind checking them out at some point in the future.... much appreciated!
tnflyfisher@yahoo

Tight Lines,